His longest nail was of his thumbnail, which measured 197.8 centimeters.
After growing his fingernails for 66 YEARS, the man with the world's longest fingernails has finally had them cut - and they've gone on display in NY!
Though his fragile nails complicated many everyday activities, like sleeping, Chillal has led a mostly normal life.
Chillal started growing his nails when he was just 14, after being scolded for breaking a teacher's nail.
Finally deciding to change his life, the Guinness World Record holder (for the "longest fingernails on a single hand") flew to NY to seek aid from a doctor.
"I took it as a challenge", said Chillal.
"Ripley's is privileged to display this truly unique and one-of-a-kind exhibit". His right hand's nails are trimmed.
Before Williams, Christine Walton held the title from 2011 with nails measured at 19 feet and nine inches until she cut them off.
He only grew the nails on his left hand.
Despite Mr Chillal's fingernails causing him to lose function in his left hand due to their weight and length, and his fingers being permanently fused together, he went on work as a photographer for a government agricultural magazine for 22 years. Odditorium in Times Square. "Mr. Chillal dedicated his life to something truly remarkable and Ripley's is the flawless home to honor his legacy", Ripley's Suzanne Smagala-Potts, said.
He admitted there were also perks to having the world's longest nails that he will miss. But, the nails that brought him fame came with its own set of problems. The historic surgical procedure, which took roughly 20 minutes to complete, took place at Ripley's Believe It or Not!
- Meghan Markle and Serena Williams' friendship ahead of Wimbledon final
- Kavanaugh's Health Care Positions Hint at Future Abortion Views
- Prince Louis christened at intimate service in London
- Kate Middleton is ROYAL MASTER who 'LEADS family behind the scene'
- The US has just one Blockbuster left
- These are the celebrities hit hardest by account crackdown — Twitter purge
- Mueller asks court for 100 more blank subpoenas ahead of Manafort trial
- Kavanaugh Nomination Another Chance For Mitch McConnell To Shape Supreme Court
- Target Field Will Suspend Sale of Papa John’s Pizza
- Wimbledon 2018 quarter-finals