Willian made 55 appearances in all competitions for Chelsea last season, scoring 13 goals but he was left out of the starting line-up for the 1-0 FA Cup final win over Manchester United at Wembley, coming on as an injury time substitute.
"You'd need to replace them with world-class stars and that will cost a lot of money". "In addition to great players, they are very good friends".
"I have seen some speculation about Barcelona on the Internet, but this isn't the time to talk about that", he said at a press conference with the Brazil team.
Willian does seem like a player who we will lose in the summer as Barcelona had a £50million bid rejected last week.
"I've not received any information about whether [Barca's interest] is true".
But according to Catalan daily Sport, Willian is no longer a priority for the club this summer as Ernesto Valverde wants the club to bring in a more technical midfielder to replace Andres Iniesta.
Red Devils manager Jose Mourinho maintains an interest in reuniting with Willian, whom he managed previously while in charge at Chelsea, but Barca have the edge as the playmaker is "determined" to play alongside Lionel Messi, per Mundo Deportivo (via the Mirror's Thomas Bristow).
Willian's departure would surely annoy Chelsea fans, as the Brazilian is one of the most liked performers in the squad. The Blues will also face a tough summer in order to keep hold of their key players that want an exit from Stamford Bridge.
- White House Taps Former Fox News Executive For Senior Communications Job
- Justin Bieber and Hailey Baldwin engaged after one month of dating
- Trump's Mar-a-Lago wants to hire 61 foreign workers National News
- Lucas Torreira: Arsenal set to complete signing of Uruguay midfielder
- Amidst trade war, 'Made in China' flags for Trump's 2020 poll campaign
- Croatia defender Vida won’t miss semifinal after video taunt
- Elon Musk offers engineers to help with Thailand cave rescue
- 'Personal Liberty' Litmus Test for Supreme Court Nominees
- Trump's tweets driving up oil prices
- Holiday Fire in Goleta scorches 100 acres; 80 percent contained