Harry Kane of England runs with the ball away from Sebastian Larsson of Sweden during the 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia Quarter Final match between Sweden and England at Samara Arena on July 7, 2018 in Samara, Russia. Germany meanwhile, has handed a 2-0 defeat at the stadium on the final matchday of group play, which ended its title defense in the first round.
Belgium boss Roberto Martinez has called the nation's footballers "quite unique" as their golden generation sit on the brink of the World Cup final.
Brazil played their 109th World Cup game, joining Germany for the record for most matches in World Cup history.
"Very happy to be part of this team, I am proud of all, this interrupted our dream but it did not get out of our head or our hearts".
After a heartbreaking loss on home soil in the final of EURO 2016, France have a point to prove and will be determined to secure their spot in the World Cup final.
France have always been a footballing stronghold but as we have seen in this World Cup, reputation precedes determination. He has good players around him, but we have those too.
The Real Madrid midfielder is arguably the best in the world in his position and will duly demonstrate why, should England give him the time and space on Thursday. "This team have been playing together for seven or eight years and I think he has brought us tighter together with more belief in winning it". Here's the unofficial count for Brazil's quarter-final match against Belgium.
Belgium managed just 0.54 xG against Brazil, with an own goal and a clinical finish from Kevin De Bruyne (5%) sending them through.
And while we're on the subject of Neymar: This could have been the World Cup where he made a move from No. 3 in football's superstar hierarchy to No. 1.
- UFC 226: Daniel Cormier ends Stipe Miocic's reign with a knockout
- Conservatives line up behind possible Trump Supreme Court finalists
- The rise in the United States unemployment rate isn’t bad news
- Germany: Merkel pledges 'every effort' to avert United States trade war
- How Gareth Southgate has risen above the blather
- Croatia beat Russian Federation on penalties to set up England semi-final
- YouTube stars have died after falling into a waterfall pool in Canada
- Aides fear president will erupt over protests
- Beckham photoshops Ibrahimovic after World Cup bet win
- Daniel Cormier claims UFC heavyweight championship with KO of Stipe Miocic