Watch out, Apple - Microsoft has just announced its cheapest and most affordable Surface product to date, the Surface Go. All you'll get is USB 3.1 Gen 1 Type-C, Surface Connect, a micro-SD card reader, and a 3.5mm audio jack.
What just happened? After the company all but confirmed that the device was about to be unveiled, Microsoft has lifted the lid on the Surface Go.
The Surface Go runs Windows 10 S, a version of Windows that will only support apps that are available in the Windows app store.
As mentioned, the Surface Go follows Microsoft's Surface design and it appears to be a smaller version of the Surface Pro that was introduced in 2014 with the Surface Pro 3. The exact size of the battery of the Surface Go is yet to be revealed. There's also a new version of the Surface Pen, which also costs $99. As for storage, you're looking at 64GB to start, but that can be upgraded on the Surface Go to 128GB or 256GB.
Microsoft's newest Surface device made an appearance at the FCC earlier this month, and it was surmised that it would be equipped with Intel processors (due to the appearance of a separate Qualcomm Wi-Fi/Bluetooth module).
When will the Surface Go be on sale? While I have not fully tested the battery on the Surface Go, I would put real-world usage at around 6 hrs based on my experience with other Surface devices. It is equipped with a front camera with facial recognition technology.
Up to Pentium Gold processor.
Thanks to the Go's downsized 10in 1800x1200 screen, which Microsoft claims has been created to "render the page to the scale of most school textbooks", the Surface Go tips the scales at just 1.15 pounds and measure in at a positively-skinny 8.3mm.
562g body with USB-C and microSD.
Does Microsoft's Surface Go Tablet have the capability to disrupt the tablet market? Here's everything you need to know. Users can switch to regular Windows 10 Home, which doesn't have that limit, for free.
That will get you the tablet alone, with a separate Surface Go Signature Type Cover and Surface Pen each costing £99/$99. It is in stark contrast with its strategy for the Surface Laptop and the other ill-fated Windows 10 S edition which had "education" all over it. So far, Microsoft hasn't disclosed details pertaining to screen and weight but they'll appear online in due time once pre-orders open up.
- Kylie Jenner Removes Lip Fillers, Shows Off Her Smaller Lips
- North Korea says Pompeo talks 'regrettable'
- Jewish groups 'concerned' over Trump's Supreme Court pick Kavanaugh
- Donald Trump names Brett Kavanaugh to Supreme Court
- Real Madrid to sign Harry Kane to replace Ronaldo
- Daniel Cormier claims UFC heavyweight championship with KO of Stipe Miocic
- Croatia beat Russian Federation on penalties to set up England semi-final
- UFC 226: Daniel Cormier ends Stipe Miocic's reign with a knockout
- Jamie Vardy sends Gareth Southgate update ahead of World Cup semi-final
- ‘Three Lions’ roars up charts as England prepare for World Cup semi