The women of Litchfield Penitentiary are a long way from home in Orange is the New Black season 6, as they trade in their minimum-security home for a maximum security prison. The women have to start from the bottom and have to navigate new rules and power dynamics, getting hazed by inmates and tortured by guards.
After its explosive season 4 finale and its ensuing season 5 upheaval, it looks like Orange Is the New Black is going back to basics for its upcoming sixth season. Following the aftermath of last season's game-changing finale, our favorite inmates are being re-booked into brand new maximum security home.
Orange Is The New Black returns to Netflix on 27 July.
"They want us to go down, regardless of what we did or didn't do", Kate Mulgrew's Red says. The prison riot, sparked by the untimely death of Poussey (Samira Wiley), ended in the final episode of the season as the girls were bused away from the prison they've called home since the show first aired in 2013. There are new factions to be dealt with, new problems to be overcome, and, from the looks of it, the usual blend of drama and comedy. Check out the trailer now in the player below as well as the new photos in the gallery! Despite the show's more serious edge, the trailer proves that it's lost none of its sense of humor, showing that Suzanne continues to be one of the best and most innocently warped characters on television. The almost 2-and-half-minute trailer is just what Orange is the New Black fans need to wait out the next few weeks.
- Thailand tourist boat sinking: death toll rises, at least 33 confirmed dead
- Lando Calrissian Confirmed For Star Wars: Episode IX
- 'Ant-Man and the Wasp' Buzzes to No. 1
- Judge says USA must reunite migrant families or face penalties
- Indian Supreme Court orders Nirbhaya's rapists to hang
- Trump Slams NYT For Critical Article On US Stance on Breastfeeding
- Silverstone success has Vettel and Ferrari roaring in F1 title hunt
- Chelsea prepared to agree double deal with Napoli including Manchester City target
- George Clooney injured in scooter accident in Italy
- Pompeo shrugs off 'gangster' rebuke from North Korea