This year will be the last year of the 3M Championship as a PGA Tour Champions event beginning July 30.
"I'm super excited to see where this takes me cause I had a lot of coaches follow our group and a lot of them are from really good schools that I want to actually go to and majority stayed for a lot of holes", Green said.
The season-long Aon Risk Reward Challenge will culminate in a US$1 million prize for the player at the top of the Aon-led rankings on both the PGA and LPGA tours.
"The commitment by players of this caliber is a great reflection of the confidence PGA Tour pros have in our inaugural tournament, the golf course, our organization, and frankly, the positive image of Kentucky", said Brooks Downing, executive director of the event.
The new schedule features 46 events and runs from October 1, 2018 to August 25, 2019. But with umbrella sponsor FedEx sponsoring the tournament in Memphis, you can bet PGA Tour brass will be putting considerable pressure on players to show up.
That's because the 16-year-old junior-to-be at Medina High School made the cut at the 43rd Junior Girls PGA Championships at Kearney Hill Golf Links in Lexington, Ky.
"I'm very excited for tomorrow and I'm just going to go one shot at a time and make as many putts as possible and add them up at the end", Green said.
Behind the tighter schedule was a desire for the tour to complete its season at the Tour Championship before the start of college football and the NFL.
Hossler, a rookie from the University of Texas, has five top-10 finishes including two runner-up finishes this year and is 23 on the FedEx Cup points list. Passes for Friday and Saturday will be $60. Practice rounds will be held early in the week, with the first round of the tournament set for Thursday, July 4.
There will be no spectator parking at Champions at Keene Trace. Those spectators utilizing a ride-share drop-off and pick-up lot will be available off Keene South Elkhorn Road (KY-1267) with local shuttle transporting spectators to the course. Keeneland also will play host to the Concours d'Elegance vehicle show on Saturday, July 21, so spectators are encouraged to purchase parking passes in advance to secure a spot at the track. It is unclear at this point if the schedule will allow for some spacing in the future.
- Worldnews - Further seafood products to be affected by tariff war with China
- Trudeau Government Shares Concern with Trump on Russian Pipeline to Germany
- After many, many hours, Anderson beats Isner in Wimbledon semis
- Man harasses woman over Puerto Rico shirt, says it’s ‘un-American’
- The US has just one Blockbuster left
- Mueller asks court for 100 more blank subpoenas ahead of Manafort trial
- Target Field Will Suspend Sale of Papa John’s Pizza
- Samsung Galaxy Note 9 Leaked in its Official Press Render
- Prince Louis christened at intimate service in London
- These are the celebrities hit hardest by account crackdown — Twitter purge