Some on Twitter lashed out at the publication for recognising Jenner as a "self-made billionaire", given that she made millions from her famous family's TV show. She's a makeup mogul. Thanks to this minuscule overhead and marketing costs, Forbes writes, the profits are outsize and go directly to Jenner.
Forbes released on July 11, 2018 the list of "America's Richest Self-Made Women" who, combined, have a net worth of $71 billion. I'll let that sink in for a moment.
The Kardashian matriarch is asked during her interview how her family coped with her daughter starring in the straight-to-video offering, which resulted in millions around the world seeing Kris' daughter enjoying a naked romp with then-boyfriend Ray J.
Hey - Kylie is over her fillers, after all. While the title is certainly exciting, Jenner's dreams for her business are all about one thing - Stormi. But it was always makeup that Kylie was passionate about.
In the story accompanying the cover, Forbes said they estimate that Kylie Cosmetics has raked in $630 million since it launched in 2015. She is estimated to be US$900 million (AU$1.2 billion) worth. Jenner is both the face of the company and the sole owner.
And that isn't the only revenue stream for the 20-year-old. Mark Zuckerberg was 23 when he became a billionaire. Kylie outsources the manufacturing, packaging, sales, and fulfillment. "Momager" Kris handles her business affairs, taking a 10 percent cut.
Jenner credits her success to her more than 100 million social media followers.
We're throwing major side-eye at the enormous reach that would constitute the cosmetics guru as self-made, but her rise to the top of the food chain is still pretty impressive. Kylie is benefitting from the fact that women 18-34 have been turning away from brands like L'Oréal and Estee Lauder in favor of products they learn about via social media.
It's surely some food for thought the next time you pick up one of her newly launched lip kits. "I don't want to do it with anyone else, '" Jenner said, adding that she used $250,000 of her savings from past modeling gigs to make her first 15,000 lip kits.
- Liverpool Expect To Sign Xherdan Shaqiri In Next Two Weeks
- Kane says England defeat will hurt for a long time
- Lovren ready for Kane test at World Cup
- Charges against Stormy Daniels dropped after strip club arrest
- Comcast is expected to raise its offer for Sky
- Trump stokes Britain's Brexit turmoil at start of visit
- United Kingdom plans maximum fine for Facebook over data breach
- 'Unfazed' by attack, ANP vows to continue election campaign
- 6 boys now free from Thai cave; rescuers aim for 7 others
- Recently-crowned World's Ugliest Dog dies