Kay Bailey Hutchison, the US Representative to NATO said the major theme of the NATO summit would be the trans-Atlantic alliance's "strength and unity". Persistent U.S. accusations that Trump and his campaign colluded with Russian Federation in an attempt to influence the 2016 presidential elections and differing views over global affairs, such as conflicts in Syria and Ukraine, have divided the two leaders, however.
Huntsman said Trump would address the election interference in his conversations with Putin, along with a range of other national security issues, including Russia's annexation of Crimea and its efforts in Syria.
Huntsman said the US needs to hold Russian Federation responsible for "hybrid warfare", which is widely understood to blend conventional and unconventional, regular and irregular, and information and cyber tactics. Conversations about election meddling, Ukraine and Syria were talked about in ways they haven't been before, he said. Kislyak is now a member of Russia's upper house of parliament. "He's trying to cast doubt on the intelligence community's assessment about that".
For his part, Trump has left open the question of changing the USA position on Crimea.
'The best way to demonstrate this as we head into the 2018 election is to show the American people and our congress and our administration that the Russians have no intention of messing or playing with the American election, ' he told the Associated Press during the trip. John Thune, R-S.D., center, and Sen.
The White House said on Monday that the United States does not recognize Russia's alleged "attempt" on Crimea, and its sanctions on Russian Federation will remain in place. The US delegation is in Russian Federation until Thursday, ahead of the summit planned in Helsinki on July 16, at a time of high tension between Russian Federation and the West.
'You need to go in with eyes wide open, ' he said.
Britain is already spending more than 2 per cent.
- Dwight Howard joining Wizards on one-year deal
- Stipe Miocic Sounds Off On LeBron James Ditching Cleveland, Signing With Lakers
- Can Manchester United win the Premier League this season?
- Gareth Southgate: England's end to penalty jinx deserved
- European shares advance as US tariff suspension hopes boost autos
- Woman climbs Statue of Liberty to protest Trump immigration policies
- Smoke hangs over Yolo County as fire fight continues
- Wimbledon 2018 Results: Winners, Scores, Stats from Wednesday's Singles Bracket
- Kim Dotcom eligible to be extradited to U.S. , court rules
- Senate Intel agrees with assessment that Russian Federation meddled to help Trump