Want to hear Armstrong radio back to mission control to announce that "The Eagle has landed?"
You will find the items went to the moon with him, such as a USA flag, a United Nations flag, several state flags, as well as some Robbins Medallions. It also includes correspondence about the planning of the 1969 Apollo 11 moon mission.
He also took pieces of wing and propeller from the 1903 Wright Brothers Flyer with him to the moon.
Apollo 11 astronauts Neil Armstrong, Buzz Aldrin and Michael Collins - the latter two still with us - thus earned a honored place in the annals of world history.
Dubbed the Armstrong Family Collection, the collection contains more than 2,000 items and will be under the hammer in a series of three auctions.
"I think he would be pleased to be remembered as being part of a program that demonstrated fantastic things can be achieved when people come together to dedicate themselves towards a common goal", his son Rick Armstrong said.
At 10:56 p.m. EDT, Neil Armstrong stepped off the landing pad of Eagle and onto the lunar surface.
Neil Armstrong dies in 2012 in his native OH. after his death, his sons faced the responsibility of conserving, preserving and securing irreplaceable items and honoring their father's legacy.
"I don't think he spent much time thinking about it", Armstrong said. Mark and his brother Rick, discovered that there were some things for restoration, and some things needed to be researched for proper identification.
The auctions are being handled by Heritage Auctions, an auction house based in Dallas, which is confident the event will get an wonderful turnout. In addition they will be sold to silver coins, which were released in memory of the space program "Apollo".
Bids can be taken online, by phone or in person.
- Israel adopts Jewish nation law
- FBI Releases Documents On Suspicions Of Russia Ties By Former Trump Aide
- NK media call for Seoul's active efforts to formally end Korean War
- Fortnite Battle royale hits $1 bn earnings milestone
- Rohani warns Trump: War with Iran 'is the mother of all wars'
- Trump says 'not thrilled' about interest rate hikes
- Democrats Demands Hearings Into Trump-Putin Helsinki Summit "Immediately"
- Europe fines Google $5 billion for abusing its Android dominance
- Pakistan vs Zimbabwe, 5th ODI: Dominant Pakistan eye series clean sweep
- Guardiola wants Man City stars rested and ready