Daniels made headlines worldwide over revelations of an alleged affair with Trump in 2006 - and for the $130,000 she said she received from his attorney in 2016 in exchange for her silence.
The 39-year-old was booked on a charge that outlaws touching between patrons and performers at sexually-oriented businesses.
Stormy was released early on Thursday morning on a $6,000 bond.
A person who answered the phone at Sirens, the strip club where Daniels performed, declined to comment.
Michael Avenatti represents Daniels, whose real name is Stephanie Clifford.
Reporter Tino Ramos said she refused to comment when asked. This was a setup & politically motivated.
OH law says a person who performs "nude or seminude on the premises of a sexually oriented business" are not allowed to be touched by patrons.
'This was a setup and politically motivated. "We will fight all bogus charges", Stormy's lawyer Michael Avenatti tweeted.
Avenatti told DailyMail.com that Daniels had been performing on stage when she was arrested.
He said his client was accused of allowing a patron to touch her while onstage in a "nonsexual manner".
"I've determined that these crimes were not committed, based on the fact that Ms. Clifford has not made regular appearances at this establishment as required under the law", Columbus City Attorney Zach Klein said. The law prohibits anyone who isn't a family member to touch a nude or semi-nude dancer.
Daniels's lawyer, Michael Avenatti, says she will plead not guilty to all counts. Police say they also observed Daniels "fondling the breasts of female patrons".
Trump has denied any sexual relationship with Daniels.
Her initial lawsuit against Trump was for not signing their initial "hush agreement", and she insisted she only wanted to speak out about her affair, and so was attempting to find a way that would legally protect her in doing so.
The police report states that Daniels, while topless and wearing a G-string, allegedly put both of her hands on an officer's buttocks, placed both hands on an officer's breast, and then put her breasts in an officer's face.
- Harry urges action on modern-day crises as he visits starvation memorial
- "It Was A Crazy Moment" - Photographer On That Croatia Goal Celebration
- Trump reveals new Supreme Court judge
- NFL Supplemental Draft 2018: Sam Beal Headlines Players Selected
- Thailand cave rescue Brit diver says: 'We are not heroes'
- Americans warned to keep a low profile
- Junket tourism
- Rafael Nadal edges del Potro to set Novak Djokovic clash — ATP Wimbledon
- Eight boys rescued from Thai cave recovering — Sunglasses and chocolates
- Tit-for-tat tariffs will 'destroy' trade relations with US, says China