The chain on Friday said it was pulling Schnatter's image from its marketing materials.
"They have to see this as an opportunity, not a challenge", Harvey said. But he echoed the risks that come with marketing strategies that are overly dependent on a single individual.
There will be no new title sponsor, at least anytime soon, Bendapudi said. The sandwich chain in 2015 quickly severed ties with Fogle, who was later sentenced for possessing child pornography and traveling to pay for sex with minors.
The university is not the first sports facility to dump the Papa John's name.
That suspension includes the closing of Papa John's concessions at Marlin's Park, according to the Miami Herald.
Schnatter also reflected on his childhood in IN while on the call and said people in the Hoosier State used to kill African Americans by dragging them from the back of vehicles.
When discussing how he would distance himself from racist groups, Mr Schnatter said that Colonel Sanders, the founder of KFC, had never faced criticism for using the N-word, Forbes reported.
Papa John's International Inc (PZZA.O) will remove founder John Schnatter from its promotions, the pizza chain said on Friday, and baseball team New York Yankees suspended business relationships with the company.
Earlier this afternoon UofL president Neeli Bendapudi said she hadn't reviewed changing the name of the stadium, but I'd say that will soon happen. He said the comment was taken out of context but that he nevertheless felt "sick" about the incident.
Schnatter's name will also be removed from the university's Center for Free Enterprise at its business school, university spokesman John Karman confirmed to The Post.
John Schnatter, in happier times both for him and his former company.
Six MLB teams have now suspended relationships with Papa John's in the wake of founder John Schnatter's admission of using the N-word during a conference call. Schnatter subsequently issued a statement acknowledging the use of "inappropriate and hurtful" language. His image and voiceover do appear at the end of two of the top five TV commercials that have aired nationally so far this year according to iSpot.
I will personally be leading this effort because there is nothing more important for Papa John's right now.
After Schnatter resigned, it fell to Ritchie to show that Papa John's understood what had happened and was resolved to make improvements ― basically, Crisis Management 101.
- These are the celebrities hit hardest by account crackdown — Twitter purge
- In Fiery Interview With British Tabloid, Trump Criticizes Prime Minister, London Mayor
- Samsung Galaxy Note 9 Leaked in its Official Press Render
- Kate Middleton is ROYAL MASTER who 'LEADS family behind the scene'
- Kavanaugh Nomination Another Chance For Mitch McConnell To Shape Supreme Court
- Mueller asks court for 100 more blank subpoenas ahead of Manafort trial
- Wimbledon 2018 quarter-finals
- Attorney: Ex-FBI lawyer Page won't show for House interview
- Trudeau Government Shares Concern with Trump on Russian Pipeline to Germany
- Paris to deploy 12000 police for Bastille Day and World Cup final