"I intend to go even further".
However, the Paris Saint-Germain forward showed his respect to one of the greatest goal-scorers of all time as he responded: "The king will always remain king".
Dalic defended VAR (the video assistant referee system) as a "good thing for football" but believes his side's luck in Russian Federation finally ran out after penalty shootout wins over Denmark and Russian Federation on route to the final.
Just nine players of the World Cup-winning squad were at Euro 2016, although there were just five changes comparing the starting line-ups from the two finals.
Who could sign Kylian Mbappe this summer if he leaves PSG? "But what the players did today is just as attractive, is just as strong". "They could have (won it again), but did not".
Neymar dominated plenty of the World Cup build-up with his fight to overcome a foot injury, but it was his feigning of injury that saw him become the butt of many jokes.
1970, 1990:Didier Deschamps, the French became the third person to win the World Cup as a player (1998) and as manager (2018) after Brazil's Mario Zagallo (1962,1970) and Germany's Franz Beckenbauer (1974, 1990).
The 19-year-old joined PSG on a season-long loan last summer and the Ligue 1 giants can buy Mbappe for around £168million.
2018 FIFA World Cup is done and dusted.
"I usually don't really follow football but I'm euphoric because we're a small country, going through some rough things, the country is a bit divided but football is something right now that will bring us all together". "As I said the Ballon d'Or [voting] is not in my hands". Against such a strong side as France you must not make mistakes. "We are a bit sad but we have to be proud as well for what we've done", he said.
- Obama in Kenya for launch of sister’s sports center
- Dirt and dust might not destroy your new 2018 MacBook Pro keyboard
- France winger Kylian Mbappe wins Sky Sports World Cup Power Rankings
- Woman survives for a week after crashing vehicle off 200-foot cliff
- How Trump's meeting with Queen unfolded at Windsor Castle
- 11 times Donald Trump praised Vladimir Putin
- Sen. Mark Warner: Vladimir Putin will 'take advantage' of Donald Trump
- Trump's trip to the United Kingdom has many hallmarks of a state visit
- Die Hard is not a Christmas movie
- How to score the biggest deals this Amazon Prime Day