Only time will tell if football really is coming home.
Multiple social media platforms are overflowing with memes, fan made videos, and tweets from England fans, cheering for their favorite team.
"The 30 years of hurt" since England's only World Cup win in 1966 have now grown to 52 years, but the feeling is back: something that didn't look likely not so long ago. It's only right that Three Lions is number one on the chart.
The frenzied Three Lions fan was one of many celebrating the quarter-final success of England against Sweden when the celebrations turned ugly.
David Baddiel, Frank Skinner and The Lightning Seeds' track of the same name is enjoying a surge in popularity in the Official Singles Chart and beyond.
If you should be in England during the World Cup, you will hear it uttered every few minutes as if it were a totally casual remark: "Oy, mate, it's coming home", one lad will say to another.
On Spotify, Three Lions reached an all-time high of 450,000 global plays on Tuesday night, as Gareth Southgate's team beat Colombia. The game officially branched off from rugby there in 1863, with the creation of the Football Association in England, according to FIFA.
"We got out we download and we stream "Three Lions", and we get it to Number 1".
With England taking aim at the grandest of prizes, '"It's coming home" has become the tagline to a remarkable campaign. The team broke the curse of losing penalty shootouts by winning 4-3.
What are we to do with the losers' anthem if England - as seems more possible than at anytime since 1990's fourth place finish in Italy - actually go on to win?
As reported in Metro, Jason said, "I was having dinner with my mum when a work mate rang me, we were talking about football and he said to me that I would never get that tattooed on my bum in a million years".
- YouTube stars have died after falling into a waterfall pool in Canada
- UFC 226: Daniel Cormier ends Stipe Miocic's reign with a knockout
- Aides fear president will erupt over protests
- 3Rescue efforts for boys in Thai cave have begun: mission chief
- Croatia beat Russian Federation on penalties to set up England semi-final
- Daniel Cormier claims UFC heavyweight championship with KO of Stipe Miocic
- Manchester United 'confident' of landing Chelsea's Willian
- Germany: Merkel pledges 'every effort' to avert United States trade war
- Conservatives line up behind possible Trump Supreme Court finalists
- The rise in the United States unemployment rate isn’t bad news