Precisely how Teller's will fit into the Top Gun: Maverick story, however, remains to be seen.
Top Gun: Maverick will match the same style and tone as the original film.
"I feel the need..." he wrote, referring to a famous line from the '80s action flick, which Maverick says to Goose. Kosinski also worked with Teller on the firefighter film Only the fearless, where Teller starred alongside Josh Brolin, so it makes sense that Teller would be joining his latest production. The film will be set in a world of drone technology and will explore the end of the era of dogfighting.
How excited you'll be about all this will depend on how excited you are about Miles Teller in general, or the idea of a Top Gun sequel.
Starring alongside Cruise and Teller will be Val Kilmer, reprising the role of Iceman from the first Top Gun. Now, it appears that Goose's son will be joining the sequel.
Other frontrunners included Nicholas Hoult and Glen Powell but Teller has landed the gig. Maybe, I'll leave one. Cruise, Jerry Bruckheimer and Skydance CEO David Ellison will produce the film.
- Stipe Miocic Reacts To LeBron James Leaving Cleveland Again
- Parents in tears watching Navy SEALS video of boys national Jul 04,2018
- A Compromise On Migration Keeps German Chancellor Angela Merkel In Power
- French gangster escapes prison in a helicopter
- Kuldeep Yadav - From Dharamsala to Manchester - Five Standout Spells Since International Debut
- Left-wing president elected in Mexico
- $2.3 billion of MI exports threatened by tariffs
- Spain's Playing Style 'Clear' to Russia - Head Coach Cherchesov
- Pickford replies Courtois comment with a stunning save
- Trump supporters call to #boycottWalmart over 'Impeach 45' shirt