Amazon India is also strengthening its logistics and warehousing capacities for the Prime Day event. Items eligible for additional Prime member discounts are designated by special signs in Whole Foods stores.
The most obvious way to save: buy an Amazon product.
Prime Day is no longer a single day.
You can get three months of several "channels" as part of Amazon Prime Video's line-up for absolutely free. The idea is to attract new loyal members and make it hard for Whole Foods customers not to join Prime because of the deals and offers, like delivery.
This year, members who spend $10 at Whole Foods from July 11-17 can get $10 on Amazon for Prime Day in return. But Prime Day will include a number of gadget deals. If you want, you can swap books out for no extra charge.
Prime Day kicks off on July 16 at 3 p.m. E.T.
Amazon has also developed a virtual marketplace where customers can walk in and experience how products they have selected look on virtual garments.
The discounts are an attempt by Amazon to give shoppers a rewards program offered by competitors like Kroger's and Safeway, but one that is differentiated given that the Prime program requires membership fees and is much more robust. "In fact, our launch offer on Amazon Devices led to overwhelming demand leading to a sell-out of the Fire TV stick within 72 hours", said Siddharth Nambiar, head of Prime Now India. Also, the users who will be making the payment with Amazon wallet will also get a 10% cashback on the deals. The company will be offering exclusive discounts on Moto G5S Plus, Honor 7X, Honor 7C, Galaxy On7 Prime and Huawei P20 Pro.
- Chinese smartphone giant Xiaomi's shares open 2.9% down in Hong Kong debut
- Donald Trump demands North Atlantic Treaty Organisation countries spend more on defence
- Celtics fan is remembered at funeral just as he lived
- Trump's Supreme Court pick would solidify court's conservative bent, experts say
- Meghan Markle Stuns In Black Dior To Mark RAF's 100th Anniversary Celebrations
- Trump Administration Readies Tariffs On $200 Billion Of Chinese Imports
- WhatsApp Launches Campaign in India to Spot Fake Messages
- Hand of Fate 2 Officially Coming to Nintendo Switch; First Trailer Released
- Federer impresses Tendulkar with cricket skills at Wimbledon
- Netflix is Rolling Out a New ‘Smart Downloads’ Feature Today