However, the relief was short-lived as in the 62nd minute, Cavani once again came into the picture to beautifully curl a shot past the penalty box, outwitting Portugal goalkeeper Rui Patricio to put Uruguay in a dominating position. His inability to score in the knock-out phase of any World Cup is a telling statistic.
Displaying introspective behavior even more closed-off than usual, which the Argentine press put down to personal problems resulting in the absence of his wife Antonella Roccuzzo at the tournament, the influence Messi's nuclear family, with whom coveted downtime is missed whenever on worldwide duty, will have on his final decision is not to be undermined. The attacker scored a late goal to make it 4-3, though the team were in need of more.
Messi experienced the quality that Kante has in his locker first-hand during the first-leg of our Champions League tie with Barcelona last season. Everyone has a preference, they're very different players with nearly identical numbers, but it's an age old debate that will never end. "Why are we always looking backwards?"
The problem lies, though, in Sampaoli's reluctance to resign and a contract clause that would oblige the Argentine Football Association (AFA) to pay the 58-year-old around US$15 million (RM60.7 million) to get rid of him, reports said.
France had no trouble advancing out of its group. Last month, the body of Dinu Alex, a die-hard Argentina fan from Kerala was found near Illikal Bridge in Kottayam after the team's 3-0 loss to Croatia.
Hareide said his team would show far more thrust on Sunday.
"We tried many different tactics - surround him, create space for him ... we tried to use everything we had to allow him to do what he can do".
Denmark are unbeaten for 18 games, a national record, their last defeat coming against Montenegro in October 2016 and have kept six clean sheets in their past seven games thanks to 'keeper Casper Schmeichel.
Make no mistake about it, their failure at the World Cup - both have still not scored in the knockout rounds in four editions - does not diminish what they have achieved in other competitions.
- Is Cristiano Ronaldo On HIs Way To Juve?
- Meet hero Chandrashekhar Sawant, whose alertness helped avert major tragedy in Mumbai
- Ronaldo to Juventus: Come and get me
- A Compromise On Migration Keeps German Chancellor Angela Merkel In Power
- Meghan Markle’s $1 million wardrobe - and counting
- Pickford replies Courtois comment with a stunning save
- Spain's Playing Style 'Clear' to Russia - Head Coach Cherchesov
- French gangster escapes prison in a helicopter
- 1 dead, multiple injured in Bahamian boat explosion | Staff
- Maguire defends 'brave' Southgate over England squad rotation against Belgium