The Indonesian Red Cross said it's focusing its relief efforts on an estimated 20,000 people in remote areas in the island's north where aid still has not reached.
He told the Jakarta Globe that "residents panicked and ran from their shelters" and "several buildings were further damaged".
A magnitude-6.2 natural disaster occurred onshore on the northern part of Lombok Island in West Nusa Tenggara on Thursday afternoon (09/08), while the search for victims of Sunday's deadly quake continues.
"This number will continue increasing as rescue teams continue to find victims under collapsed buildings", officials said of the latest death toll.
A magnitude 5.9 natural disaster struck Lombok Island in West Nusa Tenggara on Thursday afternoon, only four days after a magnitude 7 quake devastated the island.
The deadly 6.9-magnitude quake hit the Indonesian island on Sunday night, leaving tens of thousands of people homeless.
On Sunday, a powerful 6.9-magnitude natural disaster devastated the tourist island, which has led to the deaths of at least 347 as of Thursday, according to the state-run Antara news agency.
"I visited villages yesterday that were completely collapsed".
It's the third tremor to hit Lombok in the space of two weeks. A British tourist on nearby Bali told the BBC that it had been felt there, causing people to leave their hotel rooms in the southern resort area of Seminyak.
The first quake, a 6.9 magnitude event, killed almost 350 people, according to Indonesian state media.
An inter-agency meeting will be held Thursday to compare information, Mr Nugroho said.
"I visited villages yesterday that were completely collapsed", he said. In 2004, the Indian Ocean tsunami killed 226,000 people in 13 countries, including more than 120,000 in Indonesia.
Many buildings still standing on the island have been weakened.
Tens of thousands of homes, businesses and mosques were levelled by the quake, which struck on Sunday as evening prayers were being said across the Muslim-majority island.
Spokesman Arifin Hadi said people need clean water and tarpaulins most of all.
Thousands of people have been sleeping in makeshift shelters or out in the open.
Indonesia sits on the Pacific Ring of Fire and is regularly hit by earthquakes.
- 'People were screaming': Witness describes chaos when quake hit Gili Islands
- Meghan Markle has 'not contacted' father, says half-sister
- 'Superman' star Margot Kidder died from 'self-inflicted drug and alcohol overdose'
- #TRAILERCHEST: Michael Moore releases trailer for Trump documentary Fahrenheit 11/9
- Red Dead Redemption 2 Gameplay Shows a handsome but Hostile World
- Peter Crouch tips Jack Grealish for England if he joins Tottenham
- Boris Johnson in the hot seat over Muslim veil 'letter box' comments
- Manafort Trial Defense Chips Away at Credibility of Star Witness Gates
- Look England seek to surpass India without Stokes at Lord’s
- Rick Gates, testifying in Manafort trial, admits to affair, London apartment