This claim comes as a shock considering how long and hard the 54-year-old actor has fought for partial custody of his children-in fact, it's the main reason the parents of six have yet to finalize their divorce.
Getty Angelina Jolie has filed for divorce from Brad Pitt, noting that he has not held up their "informal" agreement on child support in the last few years.
Just when we thought the dramatic divorce proceedings between Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt (aka Brangelina) were coming to a close, it seems there's a new wrinkle to the almost two-year battle. "As of present, [Pitt] has paid no meaningful child support since separation", Jolie's attorney, Samantha Bley DeJean, wrote in the documents, filed in Los Angeles Superior Court and obtained by NBC News on August 7.
Jolie, 42, filed for divorce in September 2016, citing irreconcilable differences.
"[Pitt] has a statutory duty to pay child support".
In 2006, Pitt adopted Jolie's children, Maddox and Zahara, both of whom were adopted by Jolie prior to their marriage.
Jolie was granted physical custody of all six children in a December 2016 custody agreement, but last month, she was ordered by a judge to help fix the children's relationship with their father.
Now Pitt pals are fuming to Page Six that the "Seven" star has in fact been forking over hundreds of thousands a month - and that Jolie is just trying to smear her ex by claiming he's a "deadbeat dad".
Jolie wants the judge in charge of their case to issue formal child support orders retroactively against him.
Pitt and Jolie also have three children together, biologically: their daughter Shiloh was born in 2006, and their twins Knox and Vivienne were born in 2008.
The brood is now living in London with Jolie as she films Maleficent 2, while Pitt has spent his court-ordered time with the kids in London and Los Angeles, where he is shooting Quentin Tarantino's new movie, Once Upon a Time in Hollywood.
In the filing, Jolie's lawyers requested to appear before a judge to schedule a status conference to address the financial issue.
- Baby's body pulled from water near Brooklyn Bridge
- Liverpool wrap up impressive pre-season with win against Torino
- The Highest-Paid FC Barcelona Stars After Arturo Vidal Arrival
- Ruby Rose Cast As Batwoman for CW's Arrowverse
- NASS Siege: PDP commends Osinbajo, demands Buhari's expulsion from UK
- Chelsea to announce Mateo Kovacic deal 'in the next few hours'
- 'The Bachelorette': The most excruciating moments from a deeply uncomfortable finale
- Malaysia: Indonesia returns yacht seized in graft probe
- Barack and Michelle Obama start hiring for their Netflix project
- Rick Gates returns to witness stand to detail Manafort’s finances