The Italy worldwide, who was shaking his head in disbelief at Hazard's ability, made an immediate beeline for his new teammate as he got back on his feet.
Part of that was down to the quality of Huddersfield's press, a positive sign for David Wagner's side after the more passive approach of last season, but Sarri's side didn't take care of the ball as well as their manager would've liked.
World Cup victor Kante's untidy 34th-minute volley and Jorginho's audacious penalty on the stroke of halftime put Chelsea in control before Pedro wrapped up the points in the closing stages.
He was also involved in the move to win the penalty, as Pedro started the attack, allowing Jorginho to feed it into Ross Barkley with a perfectly-weighted pass and the England worldwide flicked it into Marcos Alonso's path to earn the penalty.
"When we arrived in Madrid to make the signing, I had his parents, his brother, his sister, his child, the mother of the child, everyone is there and I said to him that I am delighted to make a great deal for him in going to Real Madrid but also it's a family coming together".
One striker who will not be scoring goals for Chelsea this season is Michy Batshuayi, who has joined Valencia on a season-long loan.
"We will prepare for our matches and fight with him on our side".
"Then we were 2-0 down after I think a good half and I think second half we started very slow, we were shocked".
But Chelsea again punctuated a strong spell for the hosts with a goal, Jorginho sitting debutant Ben Hamer down with a skip in his run-up for an incredibly cool spot-kick after Christopher Schindler caught Marcos Alonso at the end of a neat move from the Blues. Sarri has said it will take time to get his players playing his style; if this was anything to go by, the rest of the Premier League will be in trouble when Chelsea fully hit stride.
Hazard came on for Willian for just his second outing since the World Cup and poked a pass through the legs of Terence Kongolo for Pedro to lift Chelsea's third beyond Hamer and round off a routine win.
"We (Chelsea) have to play at another speed".
- Gaza ceasefire calm after fights, protests expected
- Even American Condoms Are Screwed In The Trump-China Trade War
- West Ham sign Arsenal striker Lucas Perez
- Tesla shares slip below level before Musks going private tweet
- Derby County make Malone their eighth summer signing
- Liverpool's Loris Karius thanks fans for warm reception in friendly
- Chasing Premier League records no motivation for Guardiola
- Recording of Devin Nunes at private McMorris Rodgers fundraiser makes national headlines
- Captain Pogba makes curious comments after inspiring United to victory
- DC police, protesters prepare for white nationalist rally