"I spoke to Lucas (Digne) and he told me all about the Club, which also made me keen to come here. He is a good guy and we want to do our best for Everton".
Everton are also looking to tie up a deal to sign Kurt Zouma on a season-long loan from Chelsea after they agreed a deal with their Premier League rivals.
The Red Devils have signed FC Porto full-back Diogo Dalot in a £17m deal earlier in the summer transfer window to improve their options at right-back. The club are also being linked with a move for Colombian center half Yerry Mina.
The attacker, who can play either on the wing or in an advanced midfield position, has earned 14 caps for Brazil, but none since starting in their shocking 7-1 defeat to Germany in the 2014 World Cup semifinals.
Mina has signed on a permanent five-year deal worth €30million (approx £27.2million), while Portugal global Gomes has arrived at Goodison on a one-season loan.
He has been able to confirm the first of those deals with Brazilian playmaker Bernard arriving on a four-year contract on Thursday afternoon.
And speaking about his desires for his new side, Mina revealed he has sights set high.
The centre-back did, however, enhance his reputation with his performances for Colombia at the 2018 FIFA World Cup, during which he scored three goals in as many matches. I am ready to train and work.
- New Speculation On Setting For Jon Favreau's Star Wars TV Series
- Hurricane John forms off Mexico's Pacific coast
- Buck a beer by Labour Day weekend, Doug Ford announces
- Ben Schwartz to Voice Sonic the Hedgehog in Live-Action Movie
- Iranian president tells North Korea that U.S. is ‘untrustworthy’
- Tribune Media withdraws from $3.9B buyout by Sinclair, files lawsuit
- Gates says he helped Manafort hide payments
- Pence lays out plans for Trump's Space Force program at Pentagon
- NASA names astronauts for Boeing, SpaceX flights
- German couple jailed for selling son to pedophiles on the internet