Cristiano Ronaldo scored his first goal for Juventus today, albeit in the pre-season friendly, against a Juventus B team.
"I feel great. Everything is good, the test was good, people around the stadium, the fans, the people in the training ground are very nice with me".
Such was the dominance of the Agnellis over the town that deceased former club chairman Gianni Agnelli was mayor between 1945 and 1980.
His domestic form last season - despite scoring 26 goals in La Liga - was below the nearly superhuman levels that had characterised his time in Spain as Madrid finished third behind local rivals Atletico and a whole 17 points behind champions Barcelona.
Cristiano Ronaldo scored just eight minutes into his Juventus debut and was mobbed by fans as a pitch invasion saw the game abandoned early.
"With the arrival of Ronaldo our expectations are higher for the Champions League".
Dybala then struck after Ronaldo's shot was blocked as Juve's first team filled their boots.
There should be more fans at the match than the entire population of Villar Perosa, with the 5,000 tickets available long-since sold out and even more supporters desperate to try and catch a glimpse of their new idol.
Strict security was put in place with Ronaldo featuring in front of just five thousand fans with a complete ban on the sale of alcohol.
Juventus kick off their Serie A title defence at Chievo next Saturday and all eyes will be on Cristiano Ronaldo to see if he can replicate his incredible La Liga goalscoring form in Serie A. Spoiler, he probably can.
- Tiger Woods in contention in final round
- Chelsea Confirmed Lineup vs Huddersfield: Kepa, Jorginho make Premier League debut
- Jurgen Klopp: Liverpool will go again after Champions League final loss
- Captain Pogba makes curious comments after inspiring United to victory
- Vivo smartphones to receive Android 9 Pie update in Q4 of 2018
- Tesla shares slip below level before Musks going private tweet
- Even American Condoms Are Screwed In The Trump-China Trade War
- Liverpool's Loris Karius thanks fans for warm reception in friendly
- Turkish president Erdogan rails against United States tariffs in media offensive
- Zimbabwe: Opposition challenges election result in court