Bethesda has served up the first DOOM Eternal gameplay during its QuakeCon 2018 keynote, with 15-minutes of demon blasting as the DOOM Slayer makes his return. "Killing bad-ass demons with big guns in unbelievable places". DOOM made a name for itself with gunplay that felt powerful and controlled well, so it looks like we can expect more of the same in Eternal. Martin and Stratton shared some concept illustrations showcasing the Doomslayer's new armor.
As for the demons, classic characters like the Arch Vile, Arachnotron and Pain Elemental have returned, having been left out of DOOM 2016.
"There's a story behind that", they said. "We're spending more time and energy than ever before making sure it feels absolutely incredible every time you shoot, punch, kick, slash or otherwise rip and tear one of the demons", Stratton said. New refreshes on existing enemies, along with newly reimagined demons from the original Doom 2, was also shown off, interestingly enough, the demon's in Doom Eternal will feature a complex destruction system, in which they will decay and fall apart as players dish out damage. Players can even team up as demons to form a Slayer hunting party.
It seemed very much inspired by the Dark Souls series but id clarified that it was purely optional and that more multiplayer options would be revealed in time... This will be evolving a bit in Eternal, with a new "invasion" mode being added to the campaign.
Bethesda have been strong supporters of the Switch and that continues today, with the announcement that DOOM Eternal, the follow-up game to DOOM is also coming to Nintendo Switch.
- Barcelona duo Yerry Mina and Andre Gomes join Everton
- Samsung Aims to Overcome Biz Hurdles Through 180tln Won Investment
- College basketball coach charged in fatal LIC assault
- Premier League, NBC Sports, Snapchat and you
- France floods: 1,600 tourists evacuated and one missing at campsites
- Saudi Arabia's state airline to suspend Canadian operations starting Aug. 13
- Tiger Woods battles inflammation ‘everywhere’ this week at PGA Championship
- Baker Mayfield, Saquon Barkley electrify in their preseason debuts
- Kentucky Senator Delivers Letter To Russia
- Michigan Democrats hoping for pink and blue wave in November