Smith's ex-wife Courtney Smith told Stadium that the former coach "took multiple photos of his penis inside the Ohio State coaches' offices" and he "photographed himself in the coaches' offices receiving oral sex and having sex with an OSU staffer". One photo included a White House bathroom towel with the seal of the president.
The Buckeyes play their first game of the 2018 football season on September 1.
The independent investigation will wrap up its findings on Sunday, and then prepare a report to be delivered to the Board of Trustees sometime next week, Ohio State said in its statement Friday.
On Friday evening, Brett McMurphy, who broke the Zach Smith story a couple weeks back and has been the leading force behind most of the breaking news on this front, shared more alarming details that have emerged concerning Smith and his behavior while coaching at Ohio State. A decision on Meyer's future at Ohio State by university President Michael Drake is expected shortly thereafter.
That same week, Meyer was asked at Big Ten Media Days about the allegations, and Meyer denied knowing anything about the 2015 incident in which police were called to the Smiths' suburban Columbus, Ohio, home.
"There is a great deal of interest in this investigation", Drake said Thursday, via ESPN. He also said he followed all proper protocols related to the allegations.
"What we're doing now is an investigation to try to find out exactly what happened, why, what the context was, et cetera", Drake said. I've been doing my best possible job to keep an open mind.
"As I said, stay tuned".
Public notice of the meeting will be released at least 24 hours before, in accordance with the law.
The independent working group is chaired by former Ohio House Speaker Jo Ann Davidson.
Smith was sacked in July after reports surfaced, by independent journalist Brett McMurphy, that Smith's wife, Courtney, had alleged domestic violence against Zach Smith from 2009 through 2015. Gene Smith, who has been in charge of the Buckeyes' athletic department for more than a decade, has not publicly commented on the situation.
- 'Hacky hack hack': Teen arrested for breaking into Apple's network
- Four-member Pakistan delegation attends last rites of Atal Bihari Vajpayee
- Parineeti Chopra arrives in Mumbai for Priyanka-Nick's rumoured engagement
- Mourinho: I've never been happier with Pogba than I am right now
- Turkish lira under renewed pressure
- Vatican expresses 'shame and sorrow' over Pennsylvania child abuse scandal
- Willian admits he would have left Chelsea if Conte had stayed
- Google working on screen with built-in voice assistant
- Omarosa might have as many as 200 secret recordings
- Putin on the Ritz: Russian president dances at foreign minister's wedding