Recently, parts of France have been affected by severe flooding, and 1,600 people have been evacuated as a result.
In one summer camp in Saint-Julien-de-Peyrolas, 119 children were evacuated.
Of the 750 people helped to safety by emergency crew in Saint-Julien-de-Peyrolas region of Gard, around 120 of them were children, mainly from Germany.
After a hot spell, the flash flooding in the northern part of the Gard region turned the Ceze and L'Ardeche rivers into churning waterways that quickly spilled out of their banks.
A total of 1,600 people, majority campers, were rescued across Gard and the nearby Ardeche and Drome regions, according to France's interior ministry.
"The level and speed of the river today was extraordinary - we woke up in about a foot of water".
'Driving in our camper van was very frightening as the road by the river was completely under water and waterfalls had appeared from nowhere, crashing down the gorge'.
BFM-TV said he was a 70-year-old German citizen serving as a monitor at the Saint-Julien-de-Peyrolas site and feared to have been swept away by floodwaters along with his van.
Police said the caravan was later found "empty and in pieces" after being swept away by water that overflowed from the Ardeche River.
The Gard government also said four German children were hospitalized Thursday for hypothermia in Bagnols-sur-Ceze.
'No one has suitcases.
Flood alerts continue across the southeast region, and 17,000 homes in the southwest and northeast are without power.
Electricity supplies have been cut in some villages, while roads have been gridlocked because of the number of people trying to get to high ground.
- Michigan Democrats hoping for pink and blue wave in November
- Barcelona duo Yerry Mina and Andre Gomes join Everton
- Samsung Aims to Overcome Biz Hurdles Through 180tln Won Investment
- Kelvin Benjamin complimented Panthers WR after preseason game
- College basketball coach charged in fatal LIC assault
- Saudi Arabia's state airline to suspend Canadian operations starting Aug. 13
- Chelsea midfielder ‘very close’ to sealing move away from the Blues
- Baker Mayfield, Saquon Barkley electrify in their preseason debuts
- Laurent Koscielny named Arsenal's main captain by head coach Unai Emery
- Mourinho Without At Least 6 Players For Leicester Game