The 48-year-old woman was sentenced Tuesday by Freiburg state court to 12-and-a-half years prison, and her 39-year-old partner sentenced to 12 years.
The case has horrified Germany, not least because the authorities - who knew that the mother's partner was a convicted paedophile - missed opportunities to rescue the boy, our correspondent says.
The couple were found guilty of rape, sexual assault of children, forced prostitution and distribution of child pornography.
A German couple have been sentenced to prison after selling their ten-year-old son to paedophiles for sex on the dark web in what has been described as "the worst case of its kind in German criminal history".
They charged several thousand euros (dollars) for each instance of abuse, filmed the acts and posted them on the dark net.
The man, who has a previous conviction for child abuse, must remain in preventive custody after serving his sentence. It said the mother was aware from the start of the man's pedophile tendencies and previous conviction.
Police arrested the couple past year after being tipped off by an anonymous person.
The couple also sexually abused a three-year-old girl in 2015.
The couple allowed four other men to sexually abuse the boy - among them a German soldier, a Swiss man and a Spaniard who admitted paying the couple 10,000 euros ($11,560) to rape the boy multiple times and was convicted in a separate trial Monday.
Video footage catalogued the horror of the boy's abuse, which included him being tied up and subjected to verbal humiliation.
Police started investigating after receiving an anonymous tip in 2017.
The couple was also ordered to pay a total of 42,500 euro (£38,000) in compensation to the boy and another victim, a young girl.
Case psychiatrist, Hartmut Pleines, quoted by Spiegel news, said the mother's claim that she was in thrall to her partner when she committed the abuse, was false.
- Chris Collins reportedly indicted by federal grand jury on insider trading charges
- Junket tourism
- Chelsea to announce Mateo Kovacic deal 'in the next few hours'
- U.S. to impose $16 billion import tariffs on China
- 2 women charged in Brooklyn nail salon brawl
- Pentagon Restricts Fitness And GPS Trackers For Deployed Personnel
- Brad Pitt Has 'Paid Millions' to Angelina Jolie for Child Support
- Man saved from quake-flattened mosque on Indonesia island
- Violence continues in Bangladesh capital as students protest
- The Highest-Paid FC Barcelona Stars After Arturo Vidal Arrival