While City have not spent as much as Liverpool in this window, they have been among the biggest spenders in the English top-flight for a few years now and a majority of their squad looks likely to remain the same in the years to come.
A recent survey revealed Liverpool were the Premier League's unluckiest club last season, with decisions costing them 12 points. We beat Manchester City in the league and the Champions League last season, so I think we can win everything in the world.
Fabinho's arrival caused a stir due to reports Monaco had previously blocked the midfielder joining United, who had held a long-term interest in the player, but the 24-year-old has moved to dismiss those claims ahead of his Liverpool debut today.
"If Liverpool can get some impetus, then we don't know how Manchester City will react under pressure if a team can stay close to them at the end of the season".
Jurgen Klopp said Liverpool "have to be" Rocky Balboa in this season's Premier League title race and compared Manchester City to Ivan Drago.
Liverpool have been handed a boost with Fabinho able to return to training after being given the all-clear following a scan on a muscle problem on Thursday while he's also recovered from a minor bout of illness. We have to try to win every game because all of them are important.
"The points we lost between us and City were obviously for different reasons and mostly because we did not win all the other games". They didn't lose any player and they brought in (Riyad) Mahrez, so that doesn't make them weaker. "We can be everything we want to be", says Shaqiri. We have to improve everything.
Of course, Pele could have easily said that he was backing Manchester City with their Brazilian quartet of Gabriel Jesus, Fernandinho, Ederson and Danilo. "That depends only on how we play, perform and fight, not on what I say now".
He said: "I came here to try to win titles".
"I saw them many times. He wants to compete with the best teams in the world and he is going in the right way". He has done a very good job and you can see that people have a lot of respect for him and his work.
"We will see, we have not big issues but we have these little things where we have to think about if it's a risk or not and if it's a risk do we take it or not and all that stuff".
- Trump sets goal to create U.S. military Space Force by 2020
- Tesla shares slip below level before Musks going private tweet
- Chasing Premier League records no motivation for Guardiola
- West Ham sign Arsenal striker Lucas Perez
- Derby County make Malone their eighth summer signing
- Wolves approach Leicester City for Danny Simpson
- Even American Condoms Are Screwed In The Trump-China Trade War
- Recording of Devin Nunes at private McMorris Rodgers fundraiser makes national headlines
- Gaza ceasefire calm after fights, protests expected
- Further US sanctions would be 'declaration of economic war': Medvedev