However, Leonard is yet to comment since his trade away from San Antonio.
Leonard's statement wasn't particularly long, but it was direct. It seemed Leonard wanted out of San Antonio due to distrust and miscommunication between the two parties.
Leonard's opening statement is about as Leonard as it gets.
Kawhi reportedly said he has been "going back and forth over the last few weeks trying to figure out the right things to say".
Leonard was traded to the Toronto Raptors in mid-July, having reportedly asked to leave San Antonio after seven years that included an National Basketball Association championship in 2014.
Leonard became a two-time All-Star, and an NBA Finals MVP in 2014, when the Spurs captured their fifth title since 1999.
Leonard also expressed his gratitude to Spurs head coach Greg Popovich who mentored him for seven seasons.
Though some are more heartfelt and less robotic, thank-you letters by traded players rarely say much significantly.
"There is not a more passionate or dedicated fan base than what I've witnessed in San Antonio", he wrote. He will have the ability to do so when he becomes an unrestricted free agent after this season, unless the Raptors can sell him on a long-term future in Toronto.
"Through ups and downs - glad there were many more ups!" - I'll never forget what we have shared and accomplished together.
- Trump's new tariffs on Turkey are actually benefiting Russian Federation
- Samsung's €1,279 phone a tough sell as operators refuse to stock device
- DOOM Eternal gets bloody gameplay footage
- Heavy security marks Charlottesville protests anniversary
- New Jersey reports first human case of West Nile virus this year
- Perseid meteor shower to lit up Qatar sky Saturday
- History made at Lord's as rain prevents play on day one
- Maurizio Sarri already has some 'regrets' over Chelsea's transfer window
- Sony's Spider-Man Universe Gets an Official Name!
- Recording of Devin Nunes at private McMorris Rodgers fundraiser makes national headlines