News of the press conference emerged a little over 24 hours after McGregor hinted that a deal to see him take on the undefeated Nurmagomedov is close to coming to fruition.
Added to the mix is the tempestuous history between the two which saw McGregor attack a bus carrying fighters including Nurmagomedov to a media event at Barclays Center in Brooklyn ahead of UFC 223.
The last time McGregor was in the Octagon, he scored a 2nd round knockout over lightweight champion Eddie Alvarez to become the first fighter to hold two world titles simultaneously.
The UFC fighter is as famous for his concussive striking power as he is for his memorable microphone skills, his flambouyant dress sense, and his taste for a night on the town.
"UFC President Dana White, and more than a dozen fighters competing in upcoming events, will participate in a special press conference in celebration of the organization's 25th anniversary season on Friday, August 3rd at The Orpheum Theatre in Los Angeles".
Those include a September 8 pay-per-view card in Dallas headlined by the Tyron Woodley-Darren Till welterweight title fight and a December 29 card in Las Vegas likely to feature a fight between women's champions Cris Cyborg and Amanda Nunes, although negotiations continue.
UFC lightweight Dustin Poirier chats with Brett Okamoto about the decision of waiting on a potential title shot in favor of taking on Nate Diaz at UFC 230 in November at Madison Square Garden. If there was any doubt that he would return to the UFC, that doubt is now gone.
McGregor's comeback is not the only must-watch UFC event coming up on BT Sport however.
"Hey, man. I told Colin I wouldn't ask you for tickets, and he absolutely lost it!"
October 6th in Las Vegas is the date and location the UFC want for the fight according to MMA journalist Ariel Helwani, and that date would match up with Kenny's flight details.
"Khabib will be preparing for the fight in the United States, in San Jose", he added.
- A California Wildfire Whirled Into a 'Fire Tornado'
- Pence receives Korean War remains in somber ceremony
- Trump details looser mpg regulations; states vow to fight
- Google might return to China. Here's why that's controversial
- Virat Kohli frustrates England with Edgbaston hundred
- Chelsea offer Kante £290k-a-week
- Trump rips LeBron James' smarts hours before rally in Ohio
- LA-bound LeBron opens school in Akron as part of legacy
- Coles backflips on plastic bag ban
- Trump insults LeBron James on Twitter