The Belgian had failed to show up for training in a bid to force through a move to Madrid and on Wednesday night he finally got his wish when Chelsea managed to strike a deal with Madrid.
The Blues ended up smashing the world record fee for a 'keeper on Wednesday, when they agreed to splash out £71 million for Kepa to replace the Madrid-bound Thibaut Courtois, who moved for just £35 million.
Going the other way on Thursday to Chelsea from the Primera Liga club was midfielder Mateo Kovacic, who has moved on a season-long loan.
The Spaniard's move came just weeks after Liverpool broke the record in a 72.5-million-euro move for Brazilian worldwide Alisson Becker from Roma.
The Blues broke the world-record fee for a goalkeeper by signing Arrizabalaga, but who exactly is the 23-year-old?
It's ironic that Arrizabalaga is heading to Chelsea to replace Real Madrid-bound Courtois, because just a few months ago he almost simplified the goalkeeper merry-go-round by moving to the Bernabeu himself.
"I arrived at Chelsea with [Petr] Cech there, and I ended up being first choice".
"The manager made me feel confident about playing here".
"In terms of the price, it's something I don't think about", Kepa said via a translator.
In January, Madrid were set to meet his then-release clause of €20m as it looked increasingly unlikely that Navas would be renewing his contract with Madrid.
However there is no clause in the deal that would permit Chelsea to automatically buy Kovacic, a Croatia global, next summer. I hope you will be very happy with them, with your children, Adriana and Nicolas.
What appears to be a massive oversight from Chelsea translates to the dream scenario for Real Madrid, however.
Everton left it late to make their deals, with three new faces confirmed in the final 30 minutes of the window.
- Johnny Depp's new movie pulled from release amid controversy
- Violence continues in Bangladesh capital as students protest
- Buck a beer by Labour Day weekend, Doug Ford announces
- German couple jailed for selling son to pedophiles on the internet
- Iranian president tells North Korea that U.S. is ‘untrustworthy’
- Gates says he helped Manafort hide payments
- Chris Collins reportedly indicted by federal grand jury on insider trading charges
- Pentagon Restricts Fitness And GPS Trackers For Deployed Personnel
- NASA names astronauts for Boeing, SpaceX flights
- New Speculation On Setting For Jon Favreau's Star Wars TV Series