After Givony tweeted out a clarification that said high school players will not be allowed to have agents until the age limit is removed, Woj took the NCAA to task again. I'm not saying they don't care about the school or their coaches or their teammates, but positioning themselves for a career in professional basketball is the objective, and anything else is a distant second. College players will also be allowed representation as soon as their seasons end if they request an evaluation from the NBA Undergraduate Advisory Committee.
In addition, college players that enter the NBA Draft will be allowed to return to school if they go undrafted.
The rule changes are aimed at giving basketball student-athletes more flexibility for going pro and also earning a degree. It's on us to restore the integrity of college basketball and continue to improve the interests of all student-athletes.
Agents can pay for meals and transportation for players and their families if the expenses are related to the agent selection process. The rule changes are effective immediately. Georgia Tech president and Board of Directors chairman Bud Peterson said the NCAA had pushed through changes in about 3 1/2 months that would "normally take us about two years through the governance process". The agent's work would stop if the player enrolls in or returns to college.
"There's a lot of stuff that needs to be worked out", Calipari added. The NCAA will establish a fund to assist schools otherwise unable to provide this aid. It'll also help some players get better development and become more well-rounded before getting their chance to shine in the National Basketball Association. The NCAA says that will save time since investigators would no longer have to independently confirm those details, which could apply to the current corruption case with federal investigators having access to information through subpoenas and wiretaps - tools the NCAA doesn't possess.
"Presidents and chancellors join all athletics staff in personally affirming the athletics program meets obligations for monitoring rules compliance, which is required to be eligible for the postseason", the new rules state.
- USA to impose new sanctions on Russian Federation for poisoning ex-spy
- Korea slams U.S. officials for sanctions
- Elite Dota 2 Team Easily Beat by Advanced AI Bots
- Pixel 3 XL leaks in retail box with USB-C earphones
- Oil prices up as U.S. sanctions on Iran kick in
- Another strong quake hits Indonesia's Lombok, buildings collapse
- White House Blasts Omarosa’s Book Claiming Trump Used Racist Remarks
- Rick Gates, testifying in Manafort trial, admits to affair, London apartment
- Boris Johnson in the hot seat over Muslim veil 'letter box' comments
- Kelvin Benjamin complimented Panthers WR after preseason game