However, new majority shareholders Nassef Sawiris and Wes Edens have steadied the ship after buying out Tony Xia.
Villa have reportedly slapped a £35m price tag on Grealish but Villans boss, Steve Bruce, said last week that "Spurs haven't got anywhere near what the owners want to consider", with Spurs owner Daniel Levy apparently tabling an offer of £20m so far.
"I don't think we've had a formal bid".
Therefore, it seems all of Tottenham's eggs are in the basket of Grealish with less than six days to go until the transfer window slams shut.
The 22-year-old is an attacking midfielder who has become a key player for Championship side Villa, but that has seen Premier League clubs circle for him. "The one thing the owners have made pretty clear is that no one is for sale", he said.
'We don't want to lose our best players, but they're aware of course that everyone has their price.
Villa were plunged into financial turmoil at the end of last season following their heartbreaking loss in the Championship play-off final against Fulham.
"So if someone wants to buy our players, they're going to have to find a premium and make sure the owners are comfortable with it".
Redknapp, who managed Tottenham for just under four seasons between 2008 and 2012, said that Grealish needs to go somewhere where he will play consistent first-team football and that Tottenham are now overloaded with attacking midfield options. The ambitious club will move into a new stadium this season.
Tottenham are yet to make a single signing in the summer transfer window and the deadline is just around the corner on Thursday.
Andre Moreira, a client of Mendes, has already joined the club, but Bruce insists he is working with a number of agents as he looks to bolster his squad ahead of the Championship season.
- Sony unveils translucent PS4 Pro 500 Million Limited Edition to celebrate sales
- Oil prices up as U.S. sanctions on Iran kick in
- Elite Dota 2 Team Easily Beat by Advanced AI Bots
- Boris Johnson in the hot seat over Muslim veil 'letter box' comments
- Look England seek to surpass India without Stokes at Lord’s
- Manchester United aim to defy Mourinho's doubts in Premier League opener
- USA to impose new sanctions on Russian Federation for poisoning ex-spy
- Calling Boris Johnson Islamophobic for criticising the burka is preposterous
- Meghan Markle has 'not contacted' father, says half-sister
- Great white shark jumps out of water under researcher's feet