The Snatched star also revealed that she will be voting for Zephyr Teachout for Attorney General of NY and Jumaane D. Williams for Lieutenant Governor.
Andrew Cuomo, a Democrat, is seeking his third term.
"With anti-Semitism and bigotry on the rise, we can't take a chance with inexperienced Cynthia Nixon, who won't stand strong for our Jewish communities", the mailer sent Saturday to some 7,000 Jewish households, said. But she's invited to my next bbq/family gathering and if she's running for anything... NY is the only state in the country which has separate election days for federal and statewide primaries. "This idea that he's going to win could be a factor in people saying, 'I don't need to go in on Thursday, '" political consultant Michael Dawidziak said in a telephone interview.
"If you hock the house on Cynthia Nixon you will be homeless on Friday", Mr. Sheinkopf said.
Cuomo also claimed to have no knowledge of a Democratic Party mailer that questioned Nixon's support for Jewish people - despite Cuomo's control of the party and a recent $2.5 million contribution to its campaign operations.
NY has a notoriously opaque voting system. "The governor holds a lot more responsibility over the trains than he wants to admit", said Morgan Hargrove.
However, as outrage built over Cuomo's watery denial - his campaign pinned responsibility for the mailer on an anonymous "constituency outreach" volunteer - it emerged on Wednesday that the mailer was drafted by Cuomo's former special assistant David Lobl, now volunteering with his re-election campaign, and approved by Larry Schwartz, the governor's former secretary.
Cuomo's ticket is also in danger of being thwarted by insurgent candidates. Bernie Sanders and the editorial board of the New York Times, which said she is well prepared to serve as a firewall against the Trump administration and keep tabs on "a state government in which ethics can seem a mere inconvenience".
Nixon has campaigned hard to the left, hoping to ride the crest of other upset victories by political first-timers in Democratic Party primaries in congressional seats in places like NY and Boston. Leecia Eve, a former Cuomo aide, was in fourth.
Attorney general candidate Zephyr Teachout, who launched an unsuccessful primary bid against Cuomo in 2014, has been endorsed by Sen. "He's governed like a Republican".
Should Cuomo win, he would be heavily favored against Republican Marc Molinaro, the Dutchess County executive, in the November general election.
- Fall out from Kaepernick Nike ad continues
- Saudi Arabia reportedly arrests man for eating breakfast with female co-worker
- Verizon 5G Home Internet service arrives in select cities on October 1
- FDA may ban flavored e-cigarettes, cites teen use 'epidemic'
- Canada's Freeland to hold NAFTA talks in Washington on Tuesday
- Nintendo Online paid service starts next week, Nintendo Direct tomorrow
- Apple removes Trend Micro apps from Mac store because of data harvesting
- Google is shutting down Inbox in March
- Two Russians accused by United Kingdom in spy poisoning to give interview
- Rahul Gandhi asks why didn’t Arun Jaitley reveal meeting Mallya earlier