But in an overhaul to Gmail this year, Google implemented numerous innovative features that were introduced in Inbox. The app which served as an experimental testbed for Gmail features as well as a streamlined email client for the service, has apparently outlived its welcome with the company. This update brought more of Inbox's features to Gmail, adding to those that had already made their way across. In fact, most of its best features have, including Unified Inbox.
When I reviewed Inbox back in 2014 I quickly realized that the service was not something that I wanted to use.
Back in 2014, the folks at Google responsible for Gmail did something unexpected: They introduced a new email app.
The service - which came in the form of iOS and Android apps and its own website - funneled mails from your Gmail account to a different, slightly more gesture-driven interface with its own unique set of options.
The page suggests alternatives for the Inbox features pin, bundles and reminders.
- Nintendo Online paid service starts next week, Nintendo Direct tomorrow
- Apple removes Trend Micro apps from Mac store because of data harvesting
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's First Royal Tour Details Revealed
- 'Novak Djokovic a magnificent idol and friend' - Juan Martin Del Potro
- Meghan Markle Reportedly Losing Friends Since Joining The Royal Family
- Rodgers says he suffered sprained knee
- Verizon 5G Home Internet service arrives in select cities on October 1
- Pope summons senior bishops for meet
- Philippines braces for most powerful typhoon this year
- Saudi Arabia reportedly arrests man for eating breakfast with female co-worker