Jerome Boateng has confirmed reports that both Manchester United and Paris Saint-Germain were interested in him this summer while revealing that Jose Mourinho was unable to convince him to leave Bayern Munich.
The German defender has proven himself as a world-class player in the past few years and Mourinho was believed to be keen on bringing him to Old Trafford.
Jose Mourinho's struggles in the transfer market this summer have been well documented.
Boateng had previously played in the Premier League for Manchester City, but the 30-year-old defender could not be tempted to leave Bayern, even if the thought of a new club intrigued him. "I feel completely contended at Bayern one of the biggest clubs in the world".
He admitted that he was thrilled at the prospect of trying out a new challenge but since Bayern was one of the biggest clubs in the world, it was hard for him to walk away. "Not because I wanted to leave Bayern Munich by all means".
"I had enquiries from Paris Saint-Germain and Manchester United. Everything has to fall in place to top this club, if I do it. Niko Kovac gave me the feeling that I am very important for him and the club".
Get the latest World Cup news updates.
One position that he desperately tried to strengthen was the centre-back position.
- Google is shutting down Inbox in March
- $1 million pledged against Collins if she backs Kavanaugh
- Rodgers says he suffered sprained knee
- Saudi Arabia reportedly arrests man for eating breakfast with female co-worker
- Hurricane Florence Evacuations Expand, With 'Disaster At Doorstep'
- Russian Federation joined by China for biggest 'war games' since Soviet era
- Apple Event: 5 Big Things Announced, Including New iPhones
- Philippines braces for most powerful typhoon this year
- Meghan Markle Reportedly Losing Friends Since Joining The Royal Family
- Rashford on target after half-time row