Butler met with Timberwolves head coach and president of basketball operations Tom Thibodeau on Tuesday in Los Angeles, where Butler requested the trade, The Athletic reported.
This is Butler's last season under contract in Minnesota.
Something, Andrew Wiggins' brother made clear that he loved so much as he celebrated on Twitter upon hearing the news. The 29-year old All-Star, who is now slated to become a free agent next summer, can sign a max deal worth four years, $140.6 million.
The Thibodeau-Butler meeting was expected to be a serious conversation on the franchise's fragile state, sources said.
The Jimmy Butler saga will continue to develop as we get closer to the regular season.
Although the Heat isn't on Butler's initial list of preferred destinations, it doesn't completely rule Miami out of the race for the 6-8 forward. He doesn't last on teams, teammates don't like him, etc.
While it seems like a risky move to trade assets for a star who could end up leaving in free agency a year later, it paid off for the Oklahoma City Thunder. ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski reports that Butler's three choices are the New York Knicks, Brooklyn Nets, and the Los Angeles Clippers. They helped carry the Timberwolves to the team's first postseason in 14 years, helped bring a winning culture - until it began to crater among contractual issues and personalities. The Wolves will hold their annual media day on Monday, and that should be a lot of fun for everybody.
- Kavanaugh accuser wants Federal Bureau of Investigation probe before she will testify
- Jessica Simpson Pregnant with Third Child -- See Ace and Maxwell's Reveal!
- Marvel May Have Loki and Scarlet Witch Series For Disney Streaming Service
- Chelsea boss Maurizio Sarri is WRONG about Eden Hazard - Stan Collymore
- Kellyanne Conway says Kavanaugh's accuser 'should not be ignored or insulted'
- Anthony Martial reacts to Manchester United's win over Young Boys
- Trump orders declassification of documents in Russian investigation - White House
- Triple talaq ordinance unconstitutional, against Muslim women: Asaduddin Owaisi
- PSG are favourites against Liverpool - Klopp
- GOP Sen. Kennedy: Kavanaugh Accuser, Attorney 'Keep Moving the Goalposts' on Testimony