The 30-second video shows the two colleagues sitting together at a desk, eating and joking around. What do you think of Saudi Arabia's law and treatment of women? The latest case in point is a viral video which shows an Egyptian man having breakfast with a female colleague in his office.
The man was arrested by the Saudi Ministry of Labour and Social Development, who accused him of "committing several violations and taking up a post exclusively reserved for Saudis". What seems to have enraged people more is the fact that the woman can be seen feeding the man. Unmarried Men and women who are not relatives are not permitted to sit in close proximity in public spaces.
At the end of the video, the woman appears to feed the man, which has caused the most controversy.
The ministry talked about the resort proprietor had been summoned for failing to adhere to authorities regulations that stipulate a gender-segregated workplace.
Women are exempted from carrying out most outside activities without being accompanied by a man, father, husband, brother or son.
After the video went viral and sparked a torrent of criticism from conservatives, thousands of social media users took to Twitter to defend the Egyptian man, with the Arabic hashtag Egyptian having breakfast with a Saudi woman becoming a trending topic in the kingdom.
"He [The Egyptian man] was punished, while the Al Saud princes who embrace women and spend money looted from the people go unpunished".
In recent months, women have been given the right to drive, the country has opened its first cinema and some mixed-gender concerts have been allowed.
- Google introduces new pixel smartphone 2018
- Russian Federation joined by China for biggest 'war games' since Soviet era
- Can Manchester United win the Premier League this season?
- Meghan Markle Reportedly Losing Friends Since Joining The Royal Family
- Philippines braces for most powerful typhoon this year
- $1 million pledged against Collins if she backs Kavanaugh
- Pope summons senior bishops for meet
- Pope Francis summons bishops from all over world for sex abuse summit
- Rodgers says he suffered sprained knee
- Rahul Gandhi asks why didn’t Arun Jaitley reveal meeting Mallya earlier