The storm left at least 40 homes flattened or destroyed in Dunrobin alone, and another 215 buildings and 1,686 housing units damaged in Gatineau.
The police said "meteorological phenomena" had damaged buildings and forced the closure of several streets near Mont-Bleu high school in Hull.
Power in the area has also been affected with around 167,000 Hydro One customers who were without electricity late Friday evening.
Video posted online shows the powerful winds shatter a driver's window as the tornado touches down. The squall line has the potential to produce isolated brief tornadoes.
He says the worst is over for the region, but tornado warnings are still in effect in the Ontario communities of Prescott and Russell.
10 people have been taking to hospital, including three with serious injuries.
The mayor of Ottawa, capital of canada for which the area was hit Friday by a violent tornado that has caused major damage and about thirty wounded, estimated Saturday that some neighborhoods resembled a "war zone".
Angeconeb said his house was in relatively good shape, but the southwest side was damaged.
There are resources available for those who are displaced.
The City of Ottawa has set up a reception centre for anyone seeking help in Dunrobin at the West Carleton Secondary School.
The national weather agency says a powerful twister - with winds that reached 265 kilometres per hour - ripped through Dunrobin, about 35 kilometres west of the downtown area, before moving on to Gatineau. "My partner got her foot cut and I got hit with flying glass as we were trying to get the dogs and cat and everything down in the basement".
Bryce Conrad, the president of Hydro Ottawa, said some areas would not have power on Monday or this week.
Environment Canada said that at nearly the same time a second, slightly less powerful, twister touched down in the south Ottawa neighbourhood of Arlington Woods. "It could have been much, much worse".
Hydro crews - including extra workers from across Ontario - were working around the clock to untangle and fix fallen power lines and restore electricity to the region.
Hydro Toronto said on Twitter that more than 8,600 customers were without power and restoration efforts were expected to last into Saturday.
When the winds picked up, Nicole Lowden said, they roused their 21-year-old son out of bed - he'd been working a long construction shift - and tried to get downstairs as quickly as possible.
- Why Michael Kors scored with its Versace acquisition
- Brett Kavanaugh: third woman accuses supreme court nominee of sexual misconduct
- Ripple To Launch Payment Service, XRP Price Surges By 74% Since Announcement
- Japan's hopping space rovers land on asteroid
- Trump touts his own achievements, and the United Nations laughs
- Tiger Woods wins first championship in 5 years
- Oil slips as OPEC reportedly weighs increasing output
- Oil price rises as markets tighten ahead of Iran sanctions
- Mourinho and Pogba filmed in tense Man United training ground exchange
- Tom Thibodeau can't let go when it comes to Jimmy Butler