Super LII is scheduled for February 3, 2019.
So are the other members of the band-guitarist James Valentine, bassist Mickey Madden, drummer Ryan Dusick, keyboardists Jesse Carmichael and PJ Morton, and multi-instrumentalist Sam Farrar.
Levine will also be in his usual spot on the coaches panel of NBC's hit reality series The Voice, which returns with the Season 15 premiere on Monday, September 24. They've also collaborated with Wiz Khalifa, Christina Aguilera ("Moves Like Jagger" would be a banger for the Super Bowl, right?) Rihanna, and ASAP Rocky during their career.
Maroon 5 jokingly responded after the mix-up, tweeting at Henson, "Thanks for loving our performance from our seats at #SB50".
"We very actively want to play the Super Bowl". They have the star power and the musical power to be the big event the Super Bowl halftime show demands.
One of the great challenges in choosing a halftime performer isn't just its mainstream appeal, but in finding an artist who hasn't already performed.
And for those of you who don't think Maroon 5 is cool enough, or good enough, or too safe?
- North, South Korea agree to jointly bid for 2032 Olympics
- Douglas Costa issues apology for vile spitting incident against Sassuolo
- GOP Sen. Kennedy: Kavanaugh Accuser, Attorney 'Keep Moving the Goalposts' on Testimony
- There’s a GoFundMe raising $100K to keep Christine Blasey Ford safe
- Angry passenger challenges Man United players at Watford train station
- Kellyanne Conway says Kavanaugh's accuser 'should not be ignored or insulted'
- Brexit: Theresa May begins critical 48 hours with plea to European Union leaders
- Anthony Martial reacts to Manchester United's win over Young Boys
- Jimmy Butler requests trade from Timberwolves
- Sony's launching the PlayStation Classic with 20 classic games pre-installed