It has not been the most serene period of Özil's career and he has just experienced a quiet global break without involvement in Germany's squad since his complex withdrawal from the scene.
'His process is his process, ' Emery said.
And he made it clear he wants to see more from Ozil going forward. "He is working for the team to help us with his quality".
Emery discussed how the experienced defender has progressively improved since his time in Spain, highlighting just why he remains an integral part of his plans at Arsenal.
"Every conversation with him is speaking about us and about our work here every day", he said.
His appetite for away matches does come under scrutiny but Emery is keen to keep his group tight and ambitious.
"Saturday is another step we can do, it will be hard but I want to continue [to show] our personality on the pitch and impose this personality on the opposition and to find the win". I want to push them - I want to be demanding.
He suggested the 29-year-old playmaker had been in a positive frame of mind during the global break, even though it was odd to be outside that habit of representing his country. After two weeks, after two months and now, I can say that I am very happy with him because he is 32 years old but I think physically, with his performances with us in matches, he is playing with a very good level.
'Mesut, like other players, works very well here.
Mesut Ozil started out on the wing at Cardiff and he's enjoyed some rest during the global break after retiring from worldwide duty so I expect him to keep his place ahead of Henrikh Mkhitaryan in attack.
- Canada's Freeland to hold NAFTA talks in Washington on Tuesday
- Alex Cora discusses Trump's comments on Puerto Rico
- George Weah plays for Liberia against Nigeria, aged 51
- Elizabeth Smart blasts pending prison release of kidnapper: 'It is incomprehensible'
- Fall out from Kaepernick Nike ad continues
- '60 Minutes' executive producer Jeff Fager out at CBS
- Kshama Sawant responds to Jeff Bezos' $2 billion charitable fund
- Denials of quotes in book untrue, Woodward says
- Turkey raises interest rates to 24% in new bid to boost lira
- Ramos returns to chair after Serena dramas as stats back him up