Depending on location, peak speeds could reach almost 1Gbps. If you are in a supported area, Verizon says your 5G service should run reliably at 300Mbps but can reach speeds of nearly 1 Gbps when network congestion is low.
As part of the 5G Home deal, you'll get YouTube's TV service free for the first three months, after which it will cost users $US40 a month. The service will arrive with an introductory promotion offering three months for free, after which point certain Verizon Wireless smartphone customers will be charged $50/month. "This monthly charge includes all taxes and fees, and does not require an annual contract". Speaking of which, the number 1 carrier has confirmed that the service will be available to order starting this Thursday, September 13.
Verizon's 5G will be available in various neighborhoods across the City in October, with wider access expected in 2019.
Verizon and Ericsson in July further announced an expansion of their 4G LTE partnership, with the Swedish networking giant to deploy its 4G and 5G-ready radio system across multiple U.S. markets. But Verizon's 5G Home service that offers even higher speeds paves the way for more data-intensive use cases in the future.
To compare, the average home internet speeds in the U.S. as of May measured in at 92.93 Mbps, according to PCMag.
Verizon said its 300Mbps to 1Gbps download speeds are achieved with "deep fiber resources throughout the network" and "a large deployment of small cells".
While 5G standards are in the final stages of completion, Verizon says it didn't want to wait until they were done to start planning its 5G home service. And best of all, there will be no data caps...
- Nintendo Online paid service starts next week, Nintendo Direct tomorrow
- Meghan Markle Reportedly Losing Friends Since Joining The Royal Family
- Hurricane Florence Evacuations Expand, With 'Disaster At Doorstep'
- Jerome Boateng reveals why he rejected Manchester United this summer
- Saudi Arabia reportedly arrests man for eating breakfast with female co-worker
- Russian Federation joined by China for biggest 'war games' since Soviet era
- Rashford on target after half-time row
- Pope Francis summons bishops from all over world for sex abuse summit
- 'Novak Djokovic a magnificent idol and friend' - Juan Martin Del Potro
- Pope summons senior bishops for meet