During the 29-29 tie, Carlson missed two kicks in overtime, including a 35-yard attempt as time expired that would have given the Vikings the win at Lambeau Field.
Zimmer was asked on Monday to explain why the Vikings made a decision to cut Carlson, and let's just say, he got kind of blunt with his answer.
"Did you see the game?". So as expected, questions about the move were what Zimmer had to answer first.
It's a miss that Carlson didn't work out considering the team drafted him in the fifth round.
"I'm not sure (the Vikings) have a choice", Max said.
The Minnesota Vikings are aggressively pursuing kicker Dan Bailey after a disastrous performance by rookie kicker Daniel Carlson, who missed key field goal attempts in Sunday's game against the Green Bay Packers, according to sources.
Zimmer stood by the defiant kicker even after it was apparent that his confidence was shot, eventually leading to Walsh's release in the middle of the 2016 season.
Despite cutting ties with Carlson five months after he was drafted, Zimmer says he's not concerned about the picks Minnesota gave up in the process. "Plus we got three undrafted free agents on the roster, too, so it's probably better than having those sixth-rounders".
- House panel backs bill to make Trump tax cuts permanent
- Samsung Galaxy Note 9 explodes inside woman\'s purse in NY
- Klopp talks down Reds' title hopes
- Trump plans to slap 10% tariff on $200bn of Chinese goods
- Maurizio Sarri goes on the charm offensive with Premier League rivals
- Brett Kavanaugh: 'This is a completely false allegation'
- Everton vs. West Ham United - Football Match Report
- Browns trying out kickers, including ex-Viking Blair Walsh
- Swollen rivers near record levels as Florence looms
- President Trump issues disaster declaration for North Carolina