"I don't know if that will ever sink in (surpassing all the greats) because I love playing the game", Brees said later. "I just play because I love the game and I love to compete and I love being part of this organization".
The Saints defense lost star cornerback Marshon Lattimore to a possible concussion in the first half but forced two Washington turnovers, an interception by Alex Smith that reserve defensive back Justin Hardee almost returned for a touchdown and a Smith fumble that linebacker A.J. Klein recovered.
Jay Gruden initially called the injury a strained shoulder and said Peterson would get an MRI on Tuesday to determine if there's any issue.
"It's hard for me to reflect too much right now just because my career's not done".
Peterson added he hurt his shoulder getting hit while running a flat route.
The Redskins opted to use third-down back Chris Thompson and Kapri Bibbs in Peterson's role as the first- and second-down back. He signed with New Orleans in the 2017 offseason and spent four games with the Saints before they traded him to Arizona. He had four carries for six yards and caught two passes for 36 yards before exiting the game.
Peterson also injured his knee in the first quarter, causing him to be evaluated by doctors on the sideline.
- Cyril Ramaphosa to reveal Nhlanhla Nene's fate
- Tropical Storm Michael forms in the Yucatan
- The $3 Million Crowdfunding Effort To Unseat Sen. Collins In 2020
- BTS Crowned Winner Of Favorite Social Artist At 2018 American Music Awards
- Chelsea's Eden Hazard: Real Madrid move remains my dream
- International Monetary Fund upgrades outlook on Russian Federation as economy recovers
- What West Virginia Swing Voters Think About Manchin's Kavanaugh Vote (HBO)
- Fixed Windows 10 October 2018 Update Released to Insiders for Testing
- PSN name changes are officially coming, here's how they'll work
- Women’s Commission sends notice to Nana Patekar, 3 others