At last, we have our first glimpse of Disney's live-action remake of its 1992 animated classic Aladdin. Smith followed it up by saying, "Can't wait for y'all to see me BLUE!", alluding to his role as Genie. Naomi and Mena looked ideal as Princess Jasmine and Aladdin. The poster featured the Genie's iconic lamp. As Aladdin and Jasmine fall in love, they must also face the evil Jafar, who plans to become Sultan by marrying Jasmine.
Disney has finally unveiled the first teaser trailer for the next live-action remake, an update of 1992's Aladdin. The film adds two new characters not previously seen in the animated version: Dalia (Nasim Pedrad), Princess Jasmine's loyal handmaiden and confidante, and Prince Anders (Billy Magnussen), one of Jasmine's suitors. Smith plays Genie alongside Mena Massoud as Aladdin, Naomi Campbell as Jasmine, and Marwan Kenzari as Jafar.
Aladdin is scheduled to release on May 24, 2019. Sure there's the occasional underperformer like Alice Through the Looking Glass and Pete's Dragon, but live-action Disney remakes like Cinderella, The Jungle Book, and Beauty and the Beast have all since gone on to break the box office and earn warm reviews from fans and critics alike.
Guy Ritchie is helming the new Aladdin movie, from a script he co-wrote with Vanessa Taylor and John August.
- American and Russian astronaut rescued after emergency landing following rocket booster malfunction
- City firm trains staff as mental health 'first aiders'
- Trump's stunned silence as Kanye rants in White House
- Former Trump campaign aide sought manipulation plan from Israeli intel firm
- Facebook Unveils Smart Speaker for Messenger video calls with Alexa
- Dow Jones Industrials Sink 800-plus Points
- Emergency Teams Meet To Prepare For Storm Callum
- Banksy Painting Self-Destructs After Netting $1.4 Million at Sotheby's London
- Storm Callum to hit United Kingdom on morning of Princess Eugenie's royal wedding
- Why has Samsung put four cameras on the Galaxy A9?