The desktop was renowned for giving the Apple faithful a cheap, but very capable, way of entering its macOS ecosystem.
One of the biggest new features on Mac mini is the T2 Security Chip. Considering the Mac Mini is built as a creator's tool, multiple monitors are often a must, so many people will have to buy extra accessories.
The Mac Mini hasn't received an update in several years, so the new version is quite a bit more powerful.
To demonstrate the power of the new mini's, Apple's website includes statistics about how much faster the machines can perform tasks in popular Apple and third-party pro apps including Xcode, Logic Pro X, Final Cut Pro X, Pixelmator Pro, Adobe Photoshop CC, Autodesk Maya, and others. You can now get up to 64GB of RAM and up to 4-times faster 2TB SSD on the new Mac Mini, a massive step forward.
The American tech giant has boasted about the hardware's significant performance upgrades.
Apple is giving the Mac Mini a major upgrade since the last upgrade that was launched back in 2014.
The Mac Mini has Intel's 8th generation processors - in four- and six-core i7, i5, and i3 flavors - and 60 percent faster graphics.
For those who would prefer a Mac desktop but don't fancy shelling out for the iMac or Mac Pro, then the new Mac Mini will be for you.
The new Mac mini starts at £799 and can be ordered today.
Ports are limited to two Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) ports with support for charging, DisplayPort, Thunderbolt (up to 40Gbps), and USB-C 3.1 Gen 2 (up to 10Gbps), and a single 3.5mm headphone jack. Every Mac Mini now comes with flash storage by default and can be specced with SSDs as large as 2 TB.
This retails for a colossal £3,859. For portable computing Apple showed off an updated MacBook Air with lots of its latest frills such as a Retina display, Touch ID, and more.
- Eagles acquire WR Tate from Lions
- Pittsburgh synagogue victims include 97-year-old, pair of brothers
- All-new MacBook Air takes flight
- Broncos Finalizing Deal To Send Demaryius Thomas To Texans
- United Kingdom gov introduces Digital Services Tax aimed at Amazon, Facebook and Google
- Steven Gerrard interrupts question for player to clarify "warning" for Rangers squad
- Banned Trio Has Suffered Enough, Let Them Play: ACA President
- Deaths of Fairfax County sisters in New York City remain mystery
- Fromm shines as No. 7 Georgia blasts No. 9 Florida
- Donald Trump will hold another Florida rally November 3 in Pensacola