Five-time victor Cristiano Ronaldo, Luka Modric and Antoine Griezmann lead the shortlist for football's most prestigious individual prize, while Kylian Mbappe is the standout in the race for the new Kopa Trophy for young players.
The Ballon d'Or is run by France Football, after confirmation this year Fifa had broken away from the award.
Antoine Griezmann, a World Cup victor with France and Europa League champion at Atletico Madrid, is nominated alongside worldwide teammate and Chelsea midfielder N'Golo Kante.
Chelsea and Belgium star Hazard is included after impressing for club and country throughout the past year, while Griezmann, a Europa League and World Cup victor with Atletico Madrid and France respectively, is one of the favourites for the award.
Firmino is nominated despite Liverpool failing to win a trophy last term and Brazil reaching only the World Cup quarter-finals, while Godin gets the nod following Atletico Madrid's victories in the Europa League and UEFA Super Cup.
He was followed by Liverpool goalkeeper Alisson, who made a then-world record transfer to the club after helping Roma to the Champions League semifinals.
The Ballon d'Or, which was first won by Englishman Stanley Matthews in 1956, is decided by a ballot of journalists from around the world.
- U.S. Employment Rises Much Less Than Expected In September
- United States challenges International Court of Justice ruling on Iran sanctions regime
- Nadia Murad, Denis Mukwege win 2018 Nobel Peace Prize
- India vs West Indies: Kuldeep Yadav turns commentator after Rajkot Test win
- Melania Trump visits children's home, wildlife sanctuary in Nairobi
- At Least 11 Dead, More Than 100 Injured in Haiti Quake
- Brett Kavanaugh Sworn In as 114th Supreme Court Justice
- Washington Post publishes blank column after the paper's Saudi journalist goes missing
- Limousine Crash In Upstate NY Leaves At Least 20 Dead
- Collins announces support for Kavanaugh, making chances of confirmation almost certain