McGregor also mentioned the name of former middleweight king Anderson Silva before his fight with Nurmagomedov - hailing him as a "legend" of the game and touting the notion that he would be interested in taking on the Brazilian.
Given the ugly build-up to Saturday's fight and appalling scenes after it - branded a "s***show" by UFC boss White - even the promotion itself might think twice about countenancing doing it all again.
Nurmagomedov defeated McGregor via submission in the fourth round of UFC 229 before the Russian fighter climbed out of the ring and attacked a member of McGregor's team on live television.
Dana White was asked whether he would be interested in promoting a rematch between Nurmagomedov and McGregor, considering the risks that can not be ignored, but he remained non-committal on running it back. But I don't understand how people can talk about how I jump on the cage. You can not talk about religion or nations. His target was McGregor's team-mate Dillon Danis and security piled in just as one of Khabib's entourage jumped the cage to punch McGregor in the back of the head.
"This is not my best side.my father is going to smash me when I get home", Nurmagomedov said. "We'll see what happens with Khabib and what's next".
While Khabib vs McGregor II would definitely do numbers, there are other fighters who are looking for a title shot as well. "The biggest night of the year, and I'm disgusted".
"What Khabib did to himself tonight, he was set up. all the mean things that were said about him. he won the fight". Daniel Cormier has offered some i. "We're way over 2 million, so I'm happy".
McGregor's coach John Kavanagh echoed that statement during an interview with Joe Rogan today, saying that McGregor was talking rematch immediately after the conclusion of UFC 229.
- Tropical Storm Michael Will Become a Hurricane Monday
- Google Pixel Slate teased ahead of October 9th event
- Google is Shutting Down Google+, Admits Low Consumer Adoption
- Limousine Crash In Upstate NY Leaves At Least 20 Dead
- Washington Post publishes blank column after the paper's Saudi journalist goes missing
- Brett Kavanaugh Sworn In as 114th Supreme Court Justice
- Kavanaugh sworn in _again _ at White House event
- Ballon d'Or nominees: Who should win the prestigious prize?
- Fabregas willing to extend stay at Chelsea under Sarri
- Melania Trump loses footing with elephant, but not with kids