"It's been good. They have had a very good start".
He said: "I'm over the moon to be back, I feel like it's been a long time coming but I feel like I have worked hard over the last couple of years and that it's fully deserved that I am back here".
Despite impressing during pre-season, in which he scored a spectacular bicycle kick against Manchester United in the International Champions Cup, the Swiss ace has struggled to nail down a starting spot in Klopp's first XI this campaign.
I watched them play against Southampton at the weekend and it was like men against boys.
After being a part of success like that and seeing what we've done recently, I feel we're going in the right direction.
With a two-week break for global matches, we asked Soccer Saturday pundit Matt Le Tissier for his verdict on the start of the 2018/19 campaign.
"Obviously they were a bit cautious of the way we played and I think we have earned that respect", said the Holland captain.
I'm still only 24 though, so hopefully I have a lot of years ahead of me and I can be involved for all of them. "But after eight games I still think it's very early to think about Chelsea challenging [Man City or Liverpool]". Don't write Chelsea out but they need a real "goal-getter".
"It's a long, long way to go so I don't think anyone is getting too carried away".
"I would like to have taken it".
Southgate also had his players work on their evasive skills with a game similar to tag and Maddison in particular enjoyed the chance to show off his agility.
It's great living there, I haven't got any kids or anything yet, so I just wanted to experience living in west London. You can see how he's started the season and the World Cup that he had.
'Against Portugal I nearly had to play as right-back.
"Manchester United have got some ground to make up if they are going to be in contention".
"Somebody asked me: 'Is the level of the game because of the intensity?' Already in the question, there is criticism; it could have been better if you were fresher".
- Far from powerful: PH passport places 75th in power index
- Adrian Peterson dislocated shoulder Monday
- Missing Saudi journalist's fiancée asks for Trump's help
- Huawei Mate 20 Pro images leaked before October 16 launch
- Where do things stand with Jimmy Butler's trade request?
- Punishing Hurricane Michael begins slamming Florida Panhandle
- Timberwolves' Jimmy Butler asking price 'too steep' for Heat, interested teams
- Hurricane Michael prompts Alabama to declare state of emergency
- Modric, Mbappe in running for Ballon d’Or award
- Rare Paralysis Cases in Children Are Investigated in Minnesota