Kuldeep returned figures of 5-57 with his left-arm wrist spin, his first five-for in just his fourth Test since making his debut against Australia a year ago. Opener Kieran Powell was the only West Indian batsmen to make a significant contribution in the second essay, an entertaining 83 off 93 balls with eight boundaries and four sixes.
# Devendra Bishoo, the next man on the crease will be looking to provide some valuable support to Royston Chase who is looking good having brought up his half-century, West Indies 157/7 after 42 overs.
Jadeja hit exactly 100 not out while wicketkeeper Rishabh Pant missed out on three figures with 92, as West Indies bowlers toiled without much success on a chastening day at the Saurashtra Cricket Association Stadium. The West Indies' performance is not for me to speak upon.
The second and final test begins in Hyderabad on Friday.
The world's top Test side surpassed their previous biggest win against Afghanistan by an innings and 262 runs during the minnows' debut five-day game in June.
The tourists were forced to follow on after posting 181 in reply to India's 649-9 declared - a deficit of 468 runs.
Ravindra Jadeja, who scored his maiden worldwide century during India's only innings, took the final wicket of Shannon Gabriel for four as the hosts celebrated an utterly dominant win over the former cricketing powerhouse. Punishing a loose ball is fine but they went for far too many strokes and paid the price for their recklessness.
Windies, missing skipper Jason Holder through injury and seamer Kemar Roach due to a family bereavement, did show some fight, with Roston Chase (53) and Keemo Paul (47) extending their first-innings, seventh-wicket stand to 73 after the visitors resumed on 94-6.
India started with a spin-pace combination of Kuldeep and Mohammad Shami. Umesh Yadav set the West Indian up nicely before getting rid of him with a perfectly placed bouncer as he mistimed a pull to be caught at midwicket.
Electing to bat, India were 364 for 4 at stumps.
They have won Tests by 10 wickets seven times, while India's greatest winning margin by runs was against South Africa in Delhi in 2015, when they won by 337 runs. India expectedly enforced the follow-on with less than an hour to go for lunch.
- SpaceX launch and landing in California
- Southgate: England not something to give away lightly
- Melania Trump visits children's home, wildlife sanctuary in Nairobi
- Liverpool 0-0 Manchester City: Highlights & Match Report
- China firmly opposes to US VP's accusations, calls election interference charges 'slander'
- Kim, Pompeo discussed 2nd summit, how to observe denuclearization
- Officer Dead, 6 Others Injured In South Carolina Standoff
- United States challenges International Court of Justice ruling on Iran sanctions regime
- Kavanaugh Sworn in As Supreme Court Justice
- At Least 11 Dead, More Than 100 Injured in Haiti Quake