McCoy spent the first 6 seasons of his career with the Eagles and is the franchise all-time leading rusher.
And Shady hasn't slowed since, registering three Pro Bowl seasons in three full years in Buffalo. This year he's been banged up on a bad Bills team, rushing for just 170 yards in four games. McCoy has a cap hit of $8.95 million this season and $9.05 next season. The Eagles announced Monday that they placed him on injured reserve with a knee injury suffered in Sunday's loss to the Vikings, and multiple National Football League journalists reported that Ajayi had torn the anterior cruciate ligament in his left knee.
Here's a wild guess: Whoever from the Eagles leaked to ESPN the news of the Fletcher Cox contract restructuring made the "we're not interested in trading for Bell" part and parcel of the one-two scoop punch in order to establish a position of strength, in the event that trade talks for Bell occur after he returns to the Steelers next week. Those players include Corey Clement, Wendell Smallwood, Darren Sproles and Josh Adams, all of whom have already seen playing time this season.
Not too long after Ajayi was ruled out for the year, Howie Roseman and the Eagles front office got to work on the cap space situation.
As for the 2-3 Bills, you'd think they would be eager to trade the 30-year-old running back. To judge from the slew of reactions Monday to Ajayi's injury, "over the top" could also fairly apply to the excitement about the prospect of Philly swinging a trade for one of the league's best backs.
- Google exposed personal data of nearly 500,000 and didn't disclose it
- Saudi Arabia to let Turkey search consulate over missing journalist
- Microsoft Announces Game-Streaming Service Project xCloud
- Ivanka Trump says she won't replace Nikki Haley at the United Nations
- Cities Continue The Push To Replace Columbus Day
- Moving Michael becomes ‘major’ hurricane as it targets Florida Panhandle
- N. Korea’s Kim invites Pope Francis to Pyongyang
- Hafeez, Imam help Pakistan to bright start against Australia
- 'Batwoman' Begins: First Look at Ruby Rose as the CW Superhero
- Japanese GP: Hamilton Dominant In Practice, Vettel Reveals Ferrari’s Main Problem