He threw one incompletion on his lone second-half drive before spending the rest of the Crimson Tide's blowout 65-31 win on the sidelines.
Nick Saban still wasn't happy, because Bryant-Denny Stadium wasn't packed out, mainly the student section that had noticeably empty seats.
Speaking on ESPN's First Take, the current SEC Network analyst and New York Mets outfielder went off on the poor attendance in the Alabama student section for last week's game (which started at 11 a.m. local time).
The Razorbacks have allowed a total of 72 points before scoring in the past four weeks, with deficits of 17-0 against North Texas, Auburn and Texas A&M, and 21-0 against Alabama. You show up for the game and you support your team.
Alabama's head coach said his team "didn't really beat" Arkansas because they gave up 31 points.
In case you haven't heard, Tua Tagovailoa is really good at football.
The sophomore quarterback went 10-of-12 for 334 yards and four touchdowns in just two quarters for Alabama to give the team a commanding 41-14 lead at the break. "We're obviously playing better on offense than we are on defense". I think we're trying to address that.
Alabama had two touchdown drives lasting less than 30 seconds, including Jerry Jeudy's 60-yard reception in 12 seconds late in the first half.
Arkansas first-year coach Chad Morris, who recruited and coached Deshaun Watson at Clemson, had high praise for Tagovailoa.
If you don't have speed then you're chasing speed, Morris said that day. "I thought we executed our game plan very well and I thought that (offensive coordinator Joe) Craddock and our offensive staff did a great job putting the plan together". "Had lots of opportunities to get off the field on third down and just didn't do it".
"We made a lot of mistakes on defense", said Saban after watching his team allow 405 yards to a one-win Arkansas team.
- Reported explosion at oil refinery in Saint John, NB
- Japanese GP: Hamilton Dominant In Practice, Vettel Reveals Ferrari’s Main Problem
- Nobel prize in economics announced in Sweden
- Facebook launches video device, says privacy is 'very, very, very important'
- Tropical Storm Michael Will Become a Hurricane Monday
- Amazon starts listing Core i9 9900K preorder at 499 United States dollars
- Kyl, Flake vote to move Kavanaugh one step closer to confirmation
- Dagestan explodes with delight after Khabib defeats McGregor at
- SpaceX plans Vandenberg satellite launch Sunday evening may create sonic boom
- Trump anticipates Senate win for Kavanaugh